My face gets extrem...

Notifications
Clear all

My face gets extremely red!! help!!!

MemberMember
(@dogbro)

Posted : 05/24/2016 9:45 pm

I've been using the regimen for about 4-5 months now and my skin has definitely cleared up from previous acne (I have small dark spots here and there but it's nothing to worry about) the only problem I have is that my skin gets extremely red!!!! it's like I got sun burnt! You can literally see the difference between my face and my neck. I tried reducing the amount of BP and it calmed down the redness for a couple of days but then it came back! I then stopped using the regimen for a day and only applied Olay's moisturizing cream for senstive skin. My skin was so much better and smoother. I want to try applying it during the day and use the regimen at night time but I'm scared my skin will break out! Btw I don't apply much of Dan's moisturizer, only a pea sized amount. Could the small amount of moisutrizer be the cause of my red skin?

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 05/25/2016 3:08 pm

Hi Dogbro,

You should apply 2 pumps of the Acne.org Moisturizer twice a day or as often as needed to combat redness and dryness on your skin.

The Acne.org Moisturizer is specially formulated by Dan Kern and the experts at Acne.org to calm, heal and improve the skin while deeply moisturizing and nursing the skin. With continued use in conjunction with the Acne.org Regimen products, the Acne.org Moisturizer will promote vibrant, and healthy looking skin.

dogbro and DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 05/26/2016 4:10 pm

No harm reducing the treatment and seeing what happens, many find they can get away with less and still stay clear. But sounds like you're better off using the full dose. The sunburned look comes and goes and usually goes away with time and patience. I would definitely use more moisturizer, this will help keep your skin in balance and help keep your skin from looking so angry. Have you tried AHA+? This can be a great Regimen add-on! Super hydrating once your skin gets used to it! |::)

dogbro liked
MemberMember
(@k_den)

Posted : 06/11/2016 5:22 pm

Well. After using Epiduo (which has a lot common with the Acne.org regimen) for 5-6 months, I still have periods of redness. Usually I'll have one month of great skin and no/small ammount of acne, then 7-14 days of redness and spots. When the redness occur, I simply just use more moisturizer and joajoa oil. After 6 months of use I still only use the BP every second day and only 1/16 of a finger since my skin can't take any more than that.

My advice to you would be, either to reduce the amount of BP used or increase the amount of moisturizer used. (And maybe use some joajoa oil too)

DeLovely and dogbro liked
MemberMember
(@n82153)

Posted : 06/12/2016 10:15 pm

Good idea on using BP at night only. I used to put it on day and night because my skin was so bad and I had little faith in it being clear otherwise. I realized I could keep BP off during the day with satisfying results, so go for it! Load up at night though and dont forget to be generous with moisturizer day and night Saves money, and I don't burn nearly as easy in the sun!

MemberMember
(@dogbro)

Posted : 07/23/2016 7:22 am

On 13 June 2016 at 1:15 PM, n82153 said:

Good idea on using BP at night only. I used to put it on day and night because my skin was so bad and I had little faith in it being clear otherwise. I realized I could keep BP off during the day with satisfying results, so go for it! Load up at night though and dont forget to be generous with moisturizer day and night Saves money, and I don't burn nearly as easy in the sun!

So i've been reducing the amount of bp and increasing the amount of moisturizer but there is still no luck with the redness going away! I want to start applying bp during night time since it seems to be the cause of my redness but do you have any advice on what to use during the day? My skin is acne-prone and oily and the last thing I would want is the oil to surface up when i'm out in public. The regimen's moisturizer is making my skin look greasy i'm not a big fan of it honestly.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@wadex)

Posted : 07/23/2016 10:30 am

Everyone's skin is different, therefore you have to make changes to your regimen reflecting on your skin sometimes.

If you feel you need moisturizer, which you may, then give it a shot. It can't hurt.

MemberMember
(@n82153)

Posted : 08/04/2016 11:30 pm

On 7/23/2016 at 7:22 AM, dogbro said:
On 6/12/2016 at 10:15 PM, n82153 said:

So i've been reducing the amount of bp and increasing the amount of moisturizer but there is still no luck with the redness going away! I want to start applying bp during night time since it seems to be the cause of my redness but do you have any advice on what to use during the day? My skin is acne-prone and oily and the last thing I would want is the oil to surface up when i'm out in public. The regimen's moisturizer is making my skin look greasy i'm not a big fan of it honestly.

Some people feel the same way and ive noticed it *can* make your face look greasy. There are so many other moisturizers out there you can try though! Some are better than others I'm sure.