Notifications
Clear all

Red, Flakey, F*&k!

MemberMember
(@julesburr)

Posted : 05/16/2016 3:42 pm

Heading into week 3 and I posted the other day a pic of my red face. I dont even look like myself. My skin is so red. Can I use more of the moisturizer than recommended? Like throughout the day? I started out using the full amount and I know, I shouldnt have but I was desperate and lack patience and now my face is f*&%cked. Should I reduce the amount of BP? or power through the ugliness? I'm also wearing no makeup because I just dont wear makeup and with the flaking that would be nasty any way. I'm using the cleanser, 1 full pump of the BP and 2 pumps of moisturizer day and night. I let everything dry first. I havent skipped a day or anything. I'm getting really frustrated and just want to feel pretty and have a healthy face. Should I order the AHA right now? and use it next week? I also own glycolic acid that I've used before for actual peels and maybe that would help? Any info/encouragement will help. Thank you.

MemberMember
(@alex9945)

Posted : 05/16/2016 4:22 pm

37 minutes ago, julesburr said:

Heading into week 3 and I posted the other day a pic of my red face. I dont even look like myself. My skin is so red. Can I use more of the moisturizer than recommended? Like throughout the day? I started out using the full amount and I know, I shouldnt have but I was desperate and lack patience and now my face is f*&%cked. Should I reduce the amount of BP? or power through the ugliness? I'm also wearing no makeup because I just dont wear makeup and with the flaking that would be nasty any way. I'm using the cleanser, 1 full pump of the BP and 2 pumps of moisturizer day and night. I let everything dry first. I havent skipped a day or anything. I'm getting really frustrated and just want to feel pretty and have a healthy face. Should I order the AHA right now? and use it next week? I also own glycolic acid that I've used before for actual peels and maybe that would help? Any info/encouragement will help. Thank you.

Redness is because of the BP.

Try not using too much, if your skin is too red atm, give it a break. Glycolic acid will not make it better, they are both active so it will just make you more red.

A good thing to have is a thermal water spray (from vichy, avene etc) it will help a lot with your redness.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 05/16/2016 4:38 pm

Yes, you can always apply more moisturizer throughout the day. I did that as well as fan my face because I started using the full amount early on and used a 5% BP. Not the best idea but I powered through it and also switched to 2.5% after a few weeks and my skin was finally able to adjust and settle down.

The AHA is a great idea, however, make sure you are at least a month into the regimen and incorporate it slowly. When I was struggling with the redness and itchyness and flakes I was using Cetaphil moisturizer in the evening because it is very thick and doesn't get absorbs easily in the skin. It really helped a lot. Make sure your moisturizer feels that way. Adding jojoba oil is a great idea too.