Starting the regime...

Notifications
Clear all

Starting the regimen, have some questions

MemberMember
(@sphanlon)

Posted : 04/04/2016 7:45 pm

First of all, so many swear by it here, but what makes it so different from other multi-part systems that include bp?

It's been a while since I used something that includes leave-on topicals. I always wondered what are you supposed to do if the activity of the day takes it off? Sweat it off, have to wash your face for some reason, go swimming, etc. Do you just let it go and assume some of it penetrated the surface and didn't come off? Or do you keep applying over and again?

I'm now reading a lot of people dry out because the regimen moisturizer isn't quite good enough. Should I use some other kind? Which?

Thanks

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 04/04/2016 8:45 pm

People swear by the Acne.Org Regimen because it works!! Many, many success stories on here by people who got clear using it! 

What makes the Regimen different? Many things! First, a generous-size 2.5% BP, not a tiny tube. A great value! The BP is a gel to make applying easy and gentle on skin, and it's ridiculously absorbent compared to thicker creams. The moisturizer dries with a matte finish so great for oily skin, and contains licorice root extract which is very calming and soothing for sensitive, acne-prone skin. It can be used alone, with a little jojoba oil for extra hydration, and with Dan's AHA+ after week 4 to get to work on PIH. The cleanser is gentle but comparable to other store brands, like Purpose brand, etc. The cleanser is just there to prep skin for treatment. Every ingredient in Dan's products was hand-selected to be gentle on skin to minimize irritation. The detailed instructions tell you exactly how to apply them to maximize results.

People use the Regimen successfully yearround, including during beach weather, on vacation, while being on the swim team, playing a sport, or working out. Just takes a little advanced planning. The treatment should not be repeated more than twice per day. As long as the treatment is on the skin about 6 hours during the day, it will still be effective, so OK to let it wash off in the pool, the shower after a workout, etc., although this is not ideal and may create less than perfect results. Ideally it is left on and repeated every 12 hours. 

It's a great system, and even though I no longer need treatment, I still use the moisturizer. Now my son is using the products and they helped clear all his severe cystic acne! So grateful for the Regimen!! Hope this is helpful! :)

-John- liked
MemberMember
(@sphanlon)

Posted : 04/07/2016 11:48 am

Oh, so maybe I need to work out at a different time? Because when I do, it wouldn't have been on for quite six hours and it will be a long time before my nighttime application.