Notifications
Clear all

Benzoyl peroxide

MemberMember
(@lawfuljogging)

Posted : 04/01/2016 11:34 pm

Hi all i have ordered the regimen and am now waiting on its arrival, prior to purchasing I used benzoyl peroxide 5% and my skin reacted so I discontinued after a months use now my skin is breaking out with white heads and also I believe cystic just wondering if the regimen will react to my skin seen as it has benzoyl? Thanks and cheers

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 04/02/2016 7:41 am

I think using a 2.5% BP will make all the difference & help you be successful. Dan's BP is much gentler yet still equally effective at killing acne bacteria as much stronger, harsher formulas. I hope you like the products as much as my son...they helped clear up all his severe cystic acne in just about 4 months!! 

Best of luck to you & if you have questions or run into problems, we're here to help! :)

MemberMember
(@soccer8912)

Posted : 04/23/2016 2:20 am

Hi there, regarding the regimen, I was wondering if rather than using the 2.5% BP, that I should use the Pan Oxy brand which is at a strength of 10%?

MemberMember
(@carpemomentum)

Posted : 04/23/2016 9:56 am

7 hours ago, Soccer8912 said:

Hi there, regarding the regimen, I was wondering if rather than using the 2.5% BP, that I should use the Pan Oxy brand which is at a strength of 10%?

Pan Oxyl, I believe you are referring to the face wash? It can be extremely drying and irritating to skin. Studies have shown that 2.5% BP is as effective and more gentle than the higher percentage containing products. Washes are exactly that, you wash the product off. A BP lotion is best advisable. You know your skin best, but I've been using BP for 20 years and the switch to 2.5% Dan's or Neutrogena Spot allowed my tone to balance out, less redness and irritated dryness that looked worse. Hope this was helpful!

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 04/23/2016 2:14 pm

12 hours ago, Soccer8912 said:

I'd stick with 2.5% like CarpeMomentum advises. :) Stronger formulas don't kill more acne bacteria, they only dry out your skin more and cause more irritation.

4 hours ago, CarpeMomentum said:
12 hours ago, Soccer8912 said:

Pan Oxyl, I believe you are referring to the face wash? 

CM, I think Pan Oxyl also makes a 10% BP gel as well as an acne wash...but I totally agree with you, acne washes are kind of a waste for most people since the active ingredients aren't on the skin long enough to do much good.