Using Acne.org Benz...

Notifications
Clear all

Using Acne.org Benzoyl Peroxide and Another Cleanser with Salicylic Acid

MemberMember
(@libbylynnt)

Posted : 12/17/2015 10:21 am

Hello,

I'm still waiting for my acne.org regimen in the mail, but I was wondering if it was safe to use the acne.org treatment in conjunction with a cleanser that has salicylic acid. My acne is not too bad, but I want it to be clear. What would be the side affects from doing this? I understand that it could bring on irritation, but what would that look like I guess? Thanks!

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 12/17/2015 12:06 pm

My best advice would be to give The Regimen a fair show and follow it as it is advised to be used. The salicylic acid cleanser might dry out your skin and just make the BP side effects much worse.

If you really wanna try the cleanser, then you can try using it once you get clear. If it doesn't dry out your skin then you can continue on using it.

MemberMember
(@libbylynnt)

Posted : 12/18/2015 8:05 pm

On 12/17/2015, 1128, nicmic62 said:

My best advice would be to give The Regimen a fair show and follow it as it is advised to be used. The salicylic acid cleanser might dry out your skin and just make the BP side effects much worse.

If you really wanna try the cleanser, then you can try using it once you get clear. If it doesn't dry out your skin then you can continue on using it.

Thank you! I received the Regimen yesterday and this is now my second day using it. I have not included any salicylic acid and am using just the three products that came with the package. Would you know if putting on the lotion on top of the benzoyl peroxide makes the skin burn a little? I know that burning was said to happen with beginning the regimen, but I guess Iexpected it to burn as I would put on the benzoyl peroxide, not the lotion.