Cosmetic induced ac...

Notifications
Clear all

Cosmetic induced acne and the regimen

MemberMember
(@psammyluv4)

Posted : 11/28/2015 12:15 am

Will the regimen clear up cosmetic induced acne? I am still using makeup (all my products are noncomedogenic), not every day but about 1-3 times a week whenever I go certain places. I know that's not ideal but I'm hoping that my acne will still clear up. I only just started using the regimen, and my regular acne is already a lot better, but my cosmetic acne hasn't budged. Obviously it will take more time but I'm just curious if continuing to use makeup will make clearing up the cosmetic induced variety difficult to impossible. Any suggestions would be appreciated as well. :)

MemberMember
(@jersie)

Posted : 11/30/2015 4:41 pm

How do you know its cosmetic? I'm kind of wondering the same thing because I have clogged pores all around my mouth/chin that I think might be caused by my years of wearing makeup. Hope you get an answer!

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 11/30/2015 4:52 pm

On November 28, 2015 at 1210 AM, Psammyluv4 said:

Will the regimen clear up cosmetic induced acne? I am still using makeup (all my products are noncomedogenic), not every day but about 1-3 times a week whenever I go certain places. I know that's not ideal but I'm hoping that my acne will still clear up. I only just started using the regimen, and my regular acne is already a lot better, but my cosmetic acne hasn't budged. Obviously it will take more time but I'm just curious if continuing to use makeup will make clearing up the cosmetic induced variety difficult to impossible. Any suggestions would be appreciated as well. :)

Yes it will clear this type of acne. Please stay away from MAC cosmetics if you are acne prone. I am speaking from experience.

10 minutes ago, Jersie said:

How do you know its cosmetic? I'm kind of wondering the same thing because I have clogged pores all around my mouth/chin that I think might be caused by my years of wearing makeup. Hope you get an answer!

You know it's cosmetic because 1.) Whenever you put makeup, you breakout days later or if you do not wash your face every night and sleep with makeup on. Most makeup clogs pores making it inflamed which turns into acne. Go for drugstore makeup, most of them are non comedogenic.