New to regimen: Fac...

Notifications
Clear all

New to regimen: Facial Hair and Shaving question

MemberMember
(@favreervaf)

Posted : 10/10/2015 10:35 am

Hello, I am new to the regimen, I just bought the 'Big Kit' and a big Glycolic Acid to alternate with my moisturizer. I am aware of the process and have watched the video about how to do the steps. I like to wear light 'scruff', maybe a day or two to three worth of facial hair typically. And then when I shave it I just use my Conair iStubble electric trimmer which brings to back to a 5-o-clock shadow length. I only use a real 2 blade razor to shave and trim my neck area so there is form to my facial hair around my jaw. My questions are...
1. How does this regimen work with this length facial hair, and does the constant treatment bleach your facial hair lighter?
2. Would I be better off just shaving frequently?
3. Is the electric razor too rough/irritating on face? I am gentle when I use it but it does jostle around the skin a bit.

I'm not sure how rubbing your face smoothly with facial hair works well.. I do know when I apply benzoyl peroxide now, it takes me a lot more of it to cover my face when I have facial hair. Its hard to spread and therefore I need to push harder to get it all around.
Anyone have experience with this?