Switching Moisturiz...

Notifications
Clear all

Switching Moisturizers On The Regimen

MemberMember
(@nikkisteph)

Posted : 09/16/2015 8:14 pm

Hellloooo, so i've been on the regimen for about 5 months now and my skin cleared up a lot but not completely yet. My skin used to be hella dry and scaly and gross, since like last month only because i use less bp now (which is probably why my skin is completely cleared, still). Dan's moisturizer doesn't work really well for me tbh.. i have to use a lot of oil with it but when i do i have to wait like an hour for it to dry before i can go out so i wake up soo early for school and I'm so sick of it tbh, so i want to switch moisturizers! however about 2 months ago i switch from dans moisturizer to cerave moisturizing lotion for normal to dry skin. i don't remember perfectly but i think i used it for maybe 2 days? and i used sooo much i guess because I'm used to using a TONNN of dans moisturizer but anyways what happened was there was this like layer of dead skin covering my face.. it was like a mask of dead skin and it was disgusting.. i couldn't feel my real skin it just felt like literally a mask of dead skin.. it was rough and gross and when i tried to exfoliate it off it didn't even completely come offf omg so i switched back to dans moisturizer and it went away after a few days but my skin was still dry and i hate it :/ i want to try to use that moisturizer again but I'm not sure if it will happen again? because my skin isn't as dry as it was when that happened so I'm not sure if it will happen again, and i'll use less this time lol but yeah... has this ever happened to anyone else?? the whole dead skin mask thing when switching moisturizers :/

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 09/17/2015 10:02 am

I haven't really experienced too much issue with dead skin. I typically use Cerave in the morning and Cetaphil at night. Cerave is light and is easily absorbed in the morning and Cetaphil just leaves my skin very very hydrated when I wake up. When I got clear I also incorporated a scrub to help get rid of the dead skin, I use it with the Acne.org AHA. They are a great combo for getting your face to feel smooth and like skin again.