I Need Some Advice ...

Notifications
Clear all

I Need Some Advice From A Senior Member Or Someone Who Can Help

MemberMember
(@tglimmer)

Posted : 07/24/2015 10:15 pm

My acne has been getting worse on my forehead since starting the regimen, its been about one and a half months. What happens is it will clear up, then in the dryness and scarring three or four big welts will surface. Whenever I ramp up the dosage as I am suppose to this happens, whenever I keep at a super low dosage my skin seems to calm down and the breakouts diminish. I follow the regimen to a T, I watch the video all the time and am very gentle. I use dermalogica ultra calming products the wash and moisturizer and use the regimen treatment (BP). I am at my wits end and close to going on accutane, any advice would be helpful.

Did anyone experience worse breakouts the whole time until the fourth month? Is it common to get welts from the regimen??

MemberMember
(@tglimmer)

Posted : 07/24/2015 10:44 pm

http://www.dermalogica.com/barrier-repair/126,default,pd.html

Should I keep going with a generous amount of BP??

MemberMember
(@tglimmer)

Posted : 07/25/2015 9:06 am

It seems to moisturize pretty well I have to use a lot of it and its pretty damn expensive. I am very sensitive to drug store ingredients and was using the organic Evan Healy line for a long time. Dan's moisturizer didn't work for me in the past. http://www.amazon.com/Evan-Healy-Chamomile-Moisturizer-cream/dp/B006KC6S8U I really have a hard time finding the right moisturizer to be honest

I kept going with a generous amount and my face was better today. I think you are right I need a moisturizing moisturizer! It is really hard to find one that is right for me and the dermalogica brand breaks me out the least.

MemberMember
(@brownbag25)

Posted : 07/25/2015 5:46 pm

I am on week 5 of the reg and am still wakeing up every day with 4-5 new cysts and 3ish white heads... i follow the reg to a T as well using all dans products and cut out everything else. :( please let me know if you find a solution

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/26/2015 5:29 pm

I am on week 5 of the reg and am still wakeing up every day with 4-5 new cysts and 3ish white heads... i follow the reg to a T as well using all dans products and cut out everything else. :( please let me know if you find a solution

It took me four months to clear. I was breaking out pretty regularly until then.

MemberMember
(@brownbag25)

Posted : 07/26/2015 5:33 pm

It took me four months to clear. I was breaking out pretty regularly until then.

Were you 100% clear after 4 months? Or just starting to not get break outs at 4 months? How severe was your acne ?

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/26/2015 5:47 pm

I would say mostly clear. My acne was moderate. But with that said, there have been members on here with severe acne who have gotten clear in that time frame or before. How is the irritation level? Also, I saw that you did honey masks and aczone. Don't add anything else. Also, I think Dan mentions alternate products to use if you don't want to order his stuff.

MemberMember
(@tglimmer)

Posted : 07/26/2015 8:47 pm

Okay I know this sounds crazy but I upped my dosage and literally my acne has nearly disappeared. I am not crossing my fingers because I will probably get a few more breakouts. It seems like I get a bad breakout then it clears, I get a bad breakout then it clears, and perhaps the cycles just get longer in between and eventually stop. From what I have read from other users that seems to be the case, the breakouts can continue but than eventually they minimize and the cycles between each breakout are much longer until they are eventually gone. I have been getting a lot of white heads on the regimen and it seems like most everything is surfacing. So I hope the next breakout comes in a long time or not at all. I was not giving myself enough BP and now I know the generous amount bit is totally legit. Good luck everyone I will be checking back in

I have also started the pale diet which you should look at the before and after pics of people on its amazing. Every person that has used it seems to have almost completely cleared fyi

Aczone was awful for me but everyone is different

One more thing I definitely only have one active pimple right now but a lot of scaring. I am not wearing makeup which ladies I think you have got to stop if you want to clear, but my scaring is really bad. Does anyone have experience with scaring and when does it fade, how do you deal with it??