Notifications
Clear all

Is This Really Ok?

MemberMember
(@timm0)

Posted : 04/07/2015 11:14 am

I've been on the regimen for about 5 months and my acne has completely gone (apart from the occasional whitehead or two).

The thing is I have dropped using the cleanser and moisturizer as the cleanser made my skin feel horrible and every moisturizer I've tired using cause me to break out.

I put on the treatment in the morning and at night (2 full pumps) by itself.

My skin has been feeling odd lately... I don't have any flakiness or excessive drying, but my skin feels sort of feel rubbery?(for lack of a better word) and I've noticed it's alot less sensitive then it used to be.

Am I damaging my skin by not using moisturizer?

MemberMember
(@christi112233)

Posted : 04/07/2015 8:12 pm

I'm wondering if the texture on your skin may be from the build up of product (because you're not washing it off and re-applying)? This is just an idea.

MemberMember
(@timm0)

Posted : 04/12/2015 12:53 am

I never re-apply the treatment without washing my face thoroughly with warm water.

I've been told cleanser with bp is not needed, and causes unnecessary dryness?

I can definitely feel the bp coming off when washing my face...

MemberMember
(@vancouvermoon)

Posted : 06/24/2015 11:32 pm

So weird - I did a search on here because my face feels rubbery too.

I literally searched "my skin feels rubbery."

It's very weird.

My acne is also gone (except for clogged pores which are white - under the skin ones) - and I'm on 100mg spiro and Tactupump twice daily.

I'd really like to hear from more people on this... and update please if you're still experiencing this, previous posters.

Thank you. Lets get to the bottom of this.

So weird - I did a search on here because my face feels rubbery too.

I literally searched "my skin feels rubbery."

It's very weird.

My acne is also gone (except for clogged pores which are white - under the skin ones) - and I'm on 10g spiro and Tactupump twice daily.

I'd really like to hear from more people on this... and update please if you're still experiencing this, previous posters.

Thank you. Lets get to the bottom of this.

MemberMember
(@liquidstream1)

Posted : 06/25/2015 12:07 pm

Using two full pumps without moisturizer is very risky, even if you have oily skin (which I do), it is still not enough to replenish the lost moisture. I've experimented with not using moisturizer with only one pump of treatment and looking back I should have been using moisturizer, and I was doing if for over a year until I had a really bad breakout. Ever since then I've been using moisturizer and now I don't have to worry about any weird textures to my skin and overly dry skin right after a shower. It definitely takes some getting used to if you haven't been using moisturizer, but you'll get used to it and your skin will feel much healthier. I personally use cetaphil ultra hydrating moisturizer, and if your worried it being too greasy I've heard good things about cerave.