Regimen For 5 Month...

Notifications
Clear all

Regimen For 5 Months, Still Getting Cysts

MemberMember
(@bozo)

Posted : 03/01/2015 12:13 am

I've been on the acne.org regimen for about 5 months now, but I still break out around my nose frequently, and I get occasional cysts on my forehead, chin, shoulders, and back. The cysts are bigger than any I've ever had before. Before going on the regimen, I really didn't get them so big. In fact, just recently, I have three of the largest scars I've ever had from a breakout of cysts on my forehead. Seems the regimen should have cleared these breakouts up by now as promised...

- I use the official acne.org BP, as well as a doctor prescribed clindamycin gel as treatment. I apply the treatment approximately every 12 hours.

- I don't use the acne.org cleanser, as washing my face dries it out very severely while on the regimen.

- I use 100% raw unrefined shea butter as moisturizer. (Completely non-comedogenic).

- I also take approximately 100mg of methionine zinc, 1000mg of niacinamide, and 8mg of copper every night as often as I remember to.

- I follow a strict low-medium-glycemic dairy-free and chocolate-free diet.

Essentially everything that can be done to combat acne, I am doing, and yet the regimen fails to be effective at completely eliminating cystic breakouts.

MemberMember
(@knicks3)

Posted : 03/01/2015 1:11 am

I've been on the acne.org regimen for about 5 months now, but I still break out around my nose frequently, and I get occasional cysts on my forehead, chin, shoulders, and back. The cysts are bigger than any I've ever had before. Before going on the regimen, I really didn't get them so big. In fact, just recently, I have three of the largest scars I've ever had from a breakout of cysts on my forehead. Seems the regimen should have cleared these breakouts up by now as promised...

- I use the official acne.org BP, as well as a doctor prescribed clindamycin gel as treatment. I apply the treatment approximately every 12 hours.

- I don't use the acne.org cleanser, as washing my face dries it out very severely while on the regimen.

- I use 100% raw unrefined shea butter as moisturizer. (Completely non-comedogenic).

- I also take approximately 100mg of methionine zinc, 1000mg of niacinamide, and 8mg of copper every night as often as I remember to.

- I follow a strict low-medium-glycemic dairy-free and chocolate-free diet.

Essentially everything that can be done to combat acne, I am doing, and yet the regimen fails to be effective at completely eliminating cystic breakouts.

I personally do not think there is a cure for cysts other than accutane. I think cysts in general are hormonal.

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 03/01/2015 7:13 am

agreed, I've suffered from cystic acne for a very long time....and sadly we are all different, while the acne.org products help SOME with cystic acne they do not help all

your diet is great but you still may have food allergies, which for ME triggered cysts...if you read my background, sadly I'm one of the very few who accutane did NOT cure- I had side effects throughout the 7 months and finally had to stop....so I did it the hard way, I journaled everything and ended up completely eliminating gluten and dairy

it's frustrating, but sadly there are no 'promises' with acne and any doctor or person on this site who gives you a promise this or that will clear you is setting you up for a disappointment

something is going to work, or somethings are going to work collectively, maybe a vitamin deficiency or zinc deficiency....don't give up, chin up and keep your OWN forensic work going