3 Months Of The Reg...

Notifications
Clear all

3 Months Of The Regimen. Is This Still Allright? (Photo)

MemberMember
(@kvetina)

Posted : 11/12/2014 8:56 am

Hi guys,
I´ve been patiently waiting for almost 3 months for the regimen to work. My T-zone is constantly clear from the week 4, but as you can see, the rest of my face still breaks out. Is there still a chance for my skin to be treated? Is there anybody, who waited for longer and succeeded? Please help.

post-435298-0-57932300-1415800477.jpg

post-435298-0-23588000-1415800550.jpg

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 11/12/2014 9:48 am

By three months you should be just about clear or close to it. Let's review exactly what you are doing. Please take the quiz on this page and read through the biggest mistakes. http://www.acne.org/regimen-help.html

MemberMember
(@kvetina)

Posted : 11/13/2014 9:19 am

By three months you should be just about clear or close to it. Let's review exactly what you are doing. Please take the quiz on this page and read through the biggest mistakes. http://www.acne.org/regimen-help.html

I went through the quiz and also the "biggest mistakes" few times already. The truth is, that I really tend to pick at my skin a lot. I cant stand the flaking, the moisturizer with the jojoba do not help, they just make me look yellow all the time, because the moisturizer is not able to absorb through the layer of dead cells. This drives me mad, so I often catch myself rubbing my skin. Could this really be the mistake not allowing my skin to clear up? Or just the touching my skin could really be such a problem?

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 11/13/2014 10:17 am

I went through the quiz and also the "biggest mistakes" few times already. The truth is, that I really tend to pick at my skin a lot. I cant stand the flaking, the moisturizer with the jojoba do not help, they just make me look yellow all the time, because the moisturizer is not able to absorb through the layer of dead cells. This drives me mad, so I often catch myself rubbing my skin. Could this really be the mistake not allowing my skin to clear up? Or just the touching my skin could really be such a problem?

I know it is the hardest thing not to pick at your skin when you have acne and it itches. But really to give the regimen a fair shot, try to keep your hands off your face unless you are doing the regimen. In my case I even stayed away from make-up and just made myself busy so I wouldn't have time to touch my face or look at mirrors obsessively.

rainbow7 and DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@kvetina)

Posted : 11/13/2014 10:43 am

I know it is the hardest thing not to pick at your skin when you have acne and it itches. But really to give the regimen a fair shot, try to keep your hands off your face unless you are doing the regimen. In my case I even stayed away from make-up and just made myself busy so I wouldn't have time to touch my face or look at mirrors obsessively.

Thanks for this. I decided many times to stop staying in front of the mirror, picking at my skin. But I really started to take it serious yesterday. This is my second day of not touching my skin, which is tight, itchy and flaky, but I will stay strong. I covered my mirror with a paper, where I write a dash for every day of not picking at my face. Im afraid to drive home tomorrow to see my family, who have never seen my skin being so awful. But I ordered a new regimen kit and I m giving it one more chance. Promise you to post a new photo, if the things turn right.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 11/13/2014 10:53 am

Thanks for this. I decided many times to stop staying in front of the mirror, picking at my skin. But I really started to take it serious yesterday. This is my second day of not touching my skin, which is tight, itchy and flaky, but I will stay strong. I covered my mirror with a paper, where I write a dash for every day of not picking at my face. Im afraid to drive home tomorrow to see my family, who have never seen my skin being so awful. But I ordered a new regimen kit and I m giving it one more chance. Promise you to post a new photo, if the things turn right.

Thats the spirit. When my face got hot and itchy all i did was fan myself and I sometimes stood in front of the freezer with the door open to get some relief. I hope this time around you can keep up the no touching your face challenge. I have been there too. Good luck.

Kvetina and DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 11/13/2014 11:27 am

Keeping your nails short also helps...for me it was necessary. That and training myself to walk past the mirror when I had to use the bathroom. Many of us battle picking and other OCD behaviors driven by the condition so you're not alone. But good you are taking proactive steps to help yourself, and considering what mistakes you may be making that could be affecting your results.

Keep plugging away at the Regimen. Everyone's skin is different and reacts differently to treatment, and for some people it takes longer to get clear. The important thing is to keep things moving in the right direction and to assess things when they're not. You're doing a great job so DON'T GIVE UP! :)

MemberMember
(@kvetina)

Posted : 11/30/2014 9:51 am

UPDATE:

Got a huge infection, taking antibiotics. The breakouts were getting worse and worse, the inflamation was prettty painful. I realized, that there is nothing more I can try to change or do better about my regimen, so the mistake must be somewhere in the products. I stopped using the bp for the most inflammed areas, and it seems to help. Gonna apply the bp all over my face again as soon as my skin recovers a little. The next step concerns the moisturizer. Since I still suffer from dryness and flakiness (after more than 3 months), and the Regimen worked for my t-zone, as for the not-dry parts of my face, I think that the moisturizer simply doesn´t moisturize enough, and that could be the main problem. I should apply huge amount of the moisturizer, but it really makes me look yellow after just one pump and even with two pumps, the flakiness still remains.So I decided to change the moisturizer. I will try something else and this is the last chance I´m giving the Regimen. It damaged my skin and the scars are so deep, I can´t believe I haven´t stopped yet. I promise to let you know, if some better results come.

post-435298-0-01471400-1417359047.jpg

MemberMember
(@quackattack)

Posted : 12/02/2014 10:37 pm

Have you tried using less products on your face? Your skin might be irritated due to all the products your using. Giving your face a break from all the products might do some good.

atari640 liked
MemberMember
(@conquer6041)

Posted : 12/03/2014 2:10 am

The biggest mistake - you have bought their product. I know reginem cannot cure your skin! As for me I have breakouts even on my ass and inside mouth(not much and sooo seldom). How could I treat it?) IN NO WAY.

The problem is inside you. And it is too stupid to cure skin, instead of your organism. You better use acnecutan, it is more effectively. But it is not guaranteed 100% result!!! Also you have to check your hormones. Go to dermatologist and try to find an adequate treatment for yourself! Good luck

MemberMember
(@somehelp123)

Posted : 12/07/2014 2:39 am

The biggest mistake - you have bought their product. I know reginem cannot cure your skin! As for me I have breakouts even on my ass and inside mouth(not much and sooo seldom). How could I treat it?) IN NO WAY.

The problem is inside you. And it is too stupid to cure skin, instead of your organism. You better use acnecutan, it is more effectively. But it is not guaranteed 100% result!!! Also you have to check your hormones. Go to dermatologist and try to find an adequate treatment for yourself! Good luck

Seriously? You think accutane cures your acne? I'm assuming this is what you are talking about. You are telling her to find what is causing her acne from inside...you do realize that accutane doesn't address what is causing acne in a person. It just reduces your sebaceous gland secretions which reduces your pores from clogging...

MemberMember
(@conquer6041)

Posted : 12/07/2014 4:00 am

Seriously? You think accutane cures your acne? I'm assuming this is what you are talking about. You are telling her to find what is causing her acne from inside...you do realize that accutane doesn't address what is causing acne in a person. It just reduces your sebaceous gland secretions which reduces your pores from clogging...

Did you see what I've written? "Go to dermatologist" it means she has to go to doctors to find out her OWN problem in organism, maybe something went wrong with her hormones, maybe she has allergies, I dont know. I know, accutane isnt panacea. But she has bad acne, and she is going to spend a lot of money to find out problem, a lot of nerve. She better buy accutane. Maybe it will help her for ever, without any relapses, because accutane cures sebaceous glands.

MemberMember
(@kvetina)

Posted : 12/09/2014 4:29 am

hey guyys ..
.. I got those antibiotics from my derm, meaning Ive already been there. Im glad to tell you my skin seems like turning right finally. Ive no new breakout in last few days and the old acne is curing. Everything I had to do was using less of the bp. I tried so hard to do everything according to Dans rules, and he said "not using enough bp is one of the biggest mistakes". When I started the Regimen, everything went great. Believe me or not, I had just kind of light acne before I started, and after a few weeks I had almost no pimples. Then the things started to go wrong. I was trying to find the mistake I was doing, but no results. My acne was getting worse and I still waited for it to get better. I realized pretty late, that the amount of the bp can be the real problem. Actually Im trying some new moisturizers, because I really do not like the Dans one with licochalcone, and with using just a little of bp it works good. I have got ugly deep scars and some old acne still comming out, so Ill deliver some new photos later for you to see the change. And I also want to write some new topic about my experience and the solution for some people, who might have similar problem as was mine.
Thank you all for your support, I felt so down like never before, but you helped me so much.

MemberMember
(@hound)

Posted : 12/09/2014 5:56 am

I made the same mistake. I too started the regimen with the full two pumps, but when Dan says not using enough is a mistake, he's really talking about the stage where you're maintaining the clear skin (that is, from around the 4th week mark). In the first week or two, he does actually recommend starting off with one pump once a day (it's also on the instruction sheet that comes with the kit).

So if the little dosage is working for you, continuing doing so, and work your way to the full two pumps slowly.

I'm very glad things have worked out for you.

MemberMember
(@kvetina)

Posted : 12/09/2014 9:15 am

I made the same mistake. I too started the regimen with the full two pumps, but when Dan says not using enough is a mistake, he's really talking about the stage where you're maintaining the clear skin (that is, from around the 4th week mark). In the first week or two, he does actually recommend starting off with one pump once a day (it's also on the instruction sheet that comes with the kit).

So if the little dosage is working for you, continuing doing so, and work your way to the full two pumps slowly.

I'm very glad things have worked out for you.

I started according to the rules, so I started with small amount and worked up to 2 full pumps slowly. Since I used the big amount of bp, everything went wrong. So were not talking about the same thing, but thanks anyway.

MemberMember
(@rainbow7)

Posted : 04/12/2015 8:08 pm

Are you serious??? Accutane???? FYI. I was on accutane twice and it did clear my skin but came back after 2 years! I started using Acne.org and yes it took almost 8 months to clear but all worth it my skin is butter smooth now. Please keep in mind that accutane is NOT A CURE. If it was i would not have acne again.

Oh by the way because of accutane i have problems with arms now, getting mild pains once in a while.

MemberMember
(@kvetina)

Posted : 05/05/2015 3:26 am

Hi guyys! So I´m back with the photos of my final results, as I promised. As u can see, scars still remain, and they probably will for always. But I feel great even though :) If I use the right amount of bp twice a day, I have no pimples at all. I didn´t have any breakout since I discovered, that my skin can´t bear such a big amount of bp, so a have to use just a very small amount and everything works great for me. Please everybody, if your story is similar to mine, try not to follow the rules so obsessively, because everyone´s skin is different, and rather follow what your skin tells you, otherwise you can end up like this.

So this is how it ends. I´m happy with my skin now, even with these scars. If you´re interested in my current regimen, I´ll try to summarize it.

Morning & evening - dan´s cleanser, pea size of bp 2,5%, moisturizin with CeraVe moisturizing lotion (absolutely love it, recommend to anyone, who hates the yelow Dan´s one, but if you use huge amount of bp, it will role up)

I don´t have to wait between the particular steps and in summer I can use any facial sunscreen I want to, nothing bad happens to my skin.

Okay, thank you all for supporting me and for you advice. I´ve suffered from my acne a lot and I´ll never forget, how awful and stresful it is, so if I can help anybody by answering any question, please don´t be afraid to ask.

K.

post-435298-0-19581100-1430814969.jpg

post-435298-0-03443600-1430814983.jpg

post-435298-0-82386000-1430814994.jpg

Blackhairedgurl, DeLovely, leelowe1 and 3 people liked
MemberMember
(@pinkberry)

Posted : 05/05/2015 7:37 am

Your skin looks sooo much better now! Very happy for you. I agree that you have to customize the regimen to your own skin. My sons could never use the large amount of BP either, it was terrible for their skin. They did much better with less BP, just once a day. Sometimes every other day. And sometimes the products themselves are wrong and you have to switch to ones that work better with your skin. Good luck to you and great to see your pics!

Kvetina liked
MemberMember
(@hound)

Posted : 05/08/2015 4:31 pm

That is GOOD skin. I'm truly glad that you persisted. Keep it up and those marks will indeed fade.

Pea sized amount was also good for me too, I never agreed with using even one full pump, let alone two pumps.

jessya and Kvetina liked
MemberMember
(@geminirock19)

Posted : 05/22/2015 1:45 pm

Gorgeous results!! :)

MemberMember
(@casios)

Posted : 05/25/2015 1:33 pm

Hi guyys! So I´m back with the photos of my final results, as I promised. As u can see, scars still remain, and they probably will for always. But I feel great even though :) If I use the right amount of bp twice a day, I have no pimples at all. I didn´t have any breakout since I discovered, that my skin can´t bear such a big amount of bp, so a have to use just a very small amount and everything works great for me. Please everybody, if your story is similar to mine, try not to follow the rules so obsessively, because everyone´s skin is different, and rather follow what your skin tells you, otherwise you can end up like this.

So this is how it ends. I´m happy with my skin now, even with these scars. If you´re interested in my current regimen, I´ll try to summarize it.

Morning & evening - dan´s cleanser, pea size of bp 2,5%, moisturizin with CeraVe moisturizing lotion (absolutely love it, recommend to anyone, who hates the yelow Dan´s one, but if you use huge amount of bp, it will role up)

I don´t have to wait between the particular steps and in summer I can use any facial sunscreen I want to, nothing bad happens to my skin.

Okay, thank you all for supporting me and for you advice. I´ve suffered from my acne a lot and I´ll never forget, how awful and stresful it is, so if I can help anybody by answering any question, please don´t be afraid to ask.

K.

Your skin looks really great! I have the same problem with you. I'm on my 3rd month now, I have cleared up a little bit but lately I've been getting really bad painful acne on the same spot of my face (left cheek). I also use the BP as Dan mentioned.

To be honest, I started it too fast but then I reduced it because of irritation. Things turned out well but then I tried AHA (because it says to help clearing up old marks) and that's when I started to break out again. Then I stopped and tried Shiseido Pureness Deep Cleansing Foam and it stung on my face. I stopped it because I had an irritation which caused me to break out. I decided to stick with Dan's regimen and I have cleared up a bit. However, I still have bumps (2-3 a week). Eventhough it cleared up quickly but they left some marks and now everytime I applied BP, my skin burns like hell.

I don't know what's the right amount of BP because Dan said "when in doubt use more" and biggest mistake is not using right amount of BP. Now you mention about the right amount of BP and I was wondering how much should I take for application night and day?

Moreover, I 'm pretty stressed about the moisturizer. As you said it doesn't moisture enough. I also feel like that and having my face too dry also makes me break out. It also doesn't have SPF which is really important for people that is using acne medication. Did you find any purging when you move to your new moisturizer? Did you also do specific things other than following the regimen to achieve this wonderful looking skin?

I really appreciate your help and thank you in advance!

MemberMember
(@kvetina)

Posted : 06/04/2015 4:17 am

K.

Your skin looks really great! I have the same problem with you. I'm on my 3rd month now, I have cleared up a little bit but lately I've been getting really bad painful acne on the same spot of my face (left cheek). I also use the BP as Dan mentioned.

To be honest, I started it too fast but then I reduced it because of irritation. Things turned out well but then I tried AHA (because it says to help clearing up old marks) and that's when I started to break out again. Then I stopped and tried Shiseido Pureness Deep Cleansing Foam and it stung on my face. I stopped it because I had an irritation which caused me to break out. I decided to stick with Dan's regimen and I have cleared up a bit. However, I still have bumps (2-3 a week). Eventhough it cleared up quickly but they left some marks and now everytime I applied BP, my skin burns like hell.

I don't know what's the right amount of BP because Dan said "when in doubt use more" and biggest mistake is not using right amount of BP. Now you mention about the right amount of BP and I was wondering how much should I take for application night and day?

Moreover, I 'm pretty stressed about the moisturizer. As you said it doesn't moisture enough. I also feel like that and having my face too dry also makes me break out. It also doesn't have SPF which is really important for people that is using acne medication. Did you find any purging when you move to your new moisturizer? Did you also do specific things other than following the regimen to achieve this wonderful looking skin?

I really appreciate your help and thank you in advance!

Hi!

I´m not sure if I reduced the amount of bp gradually after I realized my skin is really suffering from the big amount, maybe I just skipped straight to the small amount (calling it a pea size, or maybe less - we can say "like using some cream - just the amount that absorbs immediately into your skin") - and I found out that no more new bumps are creating. It was a miracle.. suddenly - no more new acne, just the old acne curing and then the scars fading.. So I would reccomend you to use as small amount as possible, you should only be able to spread it all over your face, not creating any layer, because the layer is so tiny the bp dries immediately. I just tried to describe the amount in detail :D (I apply the same amount day and night)

Nowdays I´m trying to use more bp (I have no pimples, but under the tiniest skin layer I have some little white spots (clogged pores?), making my skin feeling "coarse". Using more bp really seems to help with this clearing up (so it really works the way - the more u use, the better results u get, but maybe I had to stick with the small amount until I had no ance, and then it´s time to try to get "the perfect results" by increasing the amount.)

I still have one and half of the bottle with the yellow moisturizer, so I usually mix it with the CeraVe moisturizing lotion and I´m satisfied this way (CeraVe on it´s own works great, I just try to make the rest of the yellow moisturizer being useful:D) - but as I said - when using big amounts of bp, it rolls up. I also used cetaphil moisturizing cream and cetaphil moisturizing lotion, but these seem to be pretty tough and greasy to me, I think they caused me some breakouts. Moisturell was making my skin red and irritated.

I don´t think the moisturizer (my CeraVe <3) has any purging effect, but it does its work, when your skin doesn´t feel itchy, flaky and greasy.

(Oh and I also have one full bottle with AHA. It stings so bad and it broke me out anytime I tried to apply it. Just probably not for me..:D)

About the other things - I don´t really do anything else concerning my face. I Found exfoliating and scrubbing my skin causing me pimples, before I found the CeraVe moisturizer I also tried the jojoba oil and it didn´t help with the flaking or clearing up. Common cheap face sunscreen from drugstore doesn´t break me out (using after moisturizer). So there is really nothing else I have to do except cleaning my skin, applying the bp, and moisturizing twice a day the same way. No redness, no flakiness, no itchiness, no greasy look, no rolling up...

I hope this will help you and if I didn´t answer properly any of your questions, please forgive me and ask me again, it would be pleasure for me to help you and I would also be happy to hear from you again, after things get better for you (they will!) :) I feel so sorry for anybody struggling this way.. ... Do not give up!

MemberMember
(@casios)

Posted : 06/04/2015 8:37 am

Thank you for your answers and support. I will try it and hopefully it works for me too :)

MemberMember
(@adfreak1991)

Posted : 06/04/2015 3:24 pm

K.

Yes!! Cera Ve rocks. I just read ur whole journey and just started the regimen myself almost 2 weeks ago. Within a few days my whole chin broke out in painful whiteheads. I also felt that Dans moisturizer just wasn't cutting it... Like you said, I was still super dry flaky and stinging all day. Literally within 48 hours of switching back to my old moisturizer (cera Ve lotion) my skin calmed down like 80%... Everyone on here, including you, is right that there is no one size fits all regimen for acne and tweaking routines and listening to your skin is paramount. My theory is that my face doesn't like jojoba oil, which is the top ingredient listed on the moisturizer... Strange cuz I always heard "Choose oil free if you have acne!" ... But I thought maybe this would be different.. I was wrong! Maybe some people do well w oil on their face but as for me (and maybe you too?) oil is a no no.

MemberMember
(@kvetina)

Posted : 06/06/2015 6:58 am

K.

Yes!! Cera Ve rocks. I just read ur whole journey and just started the regimen myself almost 2 weeks ago. Within a few days my whole chin broke out in painful whiteheads. I also felt that Dans moisturizer just wasn't cutting it... Like you said, I was still super dry flaky and stinging all day. Literally within 48 hours of switching back to my old moisturizer (cera Ve lotion) my skin calmed down like 80%... Everyone on here, including you, is right that there is no one size fits all regimen for acne and tweaking routines and listening to your skin is paramount. My theory is that my face doesn't like jojoba oil, which is the top ingredient listed on the moisturizer... Strange cuz I always heard "Choose oil free if you have acne!" ... But I thought maybe this would be different.. I was wrong! Maybe some people do well w oil on their face but as for me (and maybe you too?) oil is a no no.

I´ve read many posts about Dans moisturizer. It seems to me like there are many people who loved the moisturizer, until Dan decided to change the composition and to add the compound called "licochalcone root extract" (which is the compound giving the moisturizer its yellow color - which I hate). It was supposedly changed because some people were not doing good with glycerine (which is the main hydrating compound), and this extract should replace it. There are some people, who are satisfied with the new moisturizer, but I guess the majority hates the new formula and wants the old one back. They say the old moisturizer worked great against flaking etc.(and it was white!) I´ve not experienced the previous one, so I can´t really judge anything, but for me the acne.org moisturizer simply doesn´t work the way I´d accept and if there was anybody to help me to get rid of the bottles I have, I would apreciate it.. :D I have no utilization for them.

As for the jojoba oil - I use it for my lips and instead of a body lotion sometimes, but I apply it to my facial skin never more. Actually I need it no more, because I´ve my CeraVe moisturizer.. :)