Flakes Even After A...

Notifications
Clear all

Flakes Even After Aha And Jojoba Oil?

MemberMember
(@skywalker7671)

Posted : 10/05/2014 6:44 pm

To start off on a positive note, I'm 99% clear after being on the Regimen for seven weeks. My routine for the first month was exactly as Dan had advised (cleanser, BP, moisturizer). Within the first few weeks, dryness had developed but was expected due to the beginning BP exposure. However, the Regimen moisturizer with Jojoba oil failed to provide relief. Four weeks in, I was as clear as I am now and changed to a different moisturizer (Cetaphil cream) to use during the day and used AHA combined with jojoba oil every night. While this has eliminated the feeling of dryness, it still hasn't solved the issue of flakes. For whatever reason, these flakes are ONLY around my mouth area and can be seen after smiling or talking.

I have tried gently exfoliating using a warm towel soaked with a bit of jojoba oil but this didn't completely solve the problem. I'm hesitant to try any other forms of exfoliation in fear of irritation.

So with all of this in mind, my question is this: is there a superior moisturizer that specializes in eliminating flakes? Or am I still too early into the Regimen for flakes to disappear? Thanks for any help provided.

MemberMember
(@geeking)

Posted : 10/06/2014 1:39 am

Try using cetaphil + jojoba for a few nights [maybe the aha + jojoba alone at night is a bit too harsh for every night] and every 2-3 nights adding aha to the cetaphil + jojoba

MemberMember
(@skywalker7671)

Posted : 10/06/2014 7:37 pm

Try using cetaphil + jojoba for a few nights [maybe the aha + jojoba alone at night is a bit too harsh for every night] and every 2-3 nights adding aha to the cetaphil + jojoba

Alright I'll give it a try this week. Thanks for replying.

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 10/06/2014 8:58 pm

I agree, AHA shouldn't be immediately incorporated into your nightly routine. I started with maybe 2-3 times a week and I would mix 1/2 moisturiser + 1/2 AHA. I have heard the flakes take a while to fully resolve, but if the regimen works for you then stick with it.

Geeking liked
MemberMember
(@savannahdubois)

Posted : 10/22/2014 3:04 pm

has anything changed for you? I have horribble dryness and flaking

MemberMember
(@skywalker7671)

Posted : 10/26/2014 6:41 pm

has anything changed for you? I have horribble dryness and flaking

Yes in fact everything is much better. After three weeks of the doing what was suggested above, the problem is almost entirely gone.