My Neck After Stop ...

Notifications
Clear all

My Neck After Stop Bp Still Flaky + Dark + Red

MemberMember
(@mn9oor)

Posted : 09/23/2014 8:56 am

Hi guys

I stopped bp on the neck area about two weeks and still moisturize the area BUT still flaky + redness + darkness.

it looks horrible and start thinking maybe i wont get rid of this problem

Please help me what am i suppose to do.

*still using the regimen on face except the neck*

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 09/24/2014 8:48 am

Well, it might take a while for the irritation to die down because the skin on your neck I think is more sensitive. Have you given though on switching moisturizers? Not all are made equal and some really provide better moisture than others. I use cetaphil lotion or cream if my skin gets extra dry.

MemberMember
(@peninnah-thuku)

Posted : 04/08/2020 5:49 pm

Did neck eventually change back? If so what did you use? Going through the same

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 04/09/2020 12:12 pm

18 hours ago, Peninnah Thuku said:

Did neck eventually change back? If so what did you use? Going through the same

This is a common thing. The front of the neck is an incredibly sensitive part of the skin, probably more sensitive than anywhere else.

But...if you're experiencing flakiness, redness, or darkness, don't worry. It subsides. It's not permanent. Use lots of moisturizer, put some jojoba oil in there when you use it, and try to stay patient. It will go back to normal.

Be careful when you are putting on moisturizer that you're not putting it on over the BP that is on your face first though, because the moisturizer can pick up some of the underlying BP with it.

In short, don't put any BP on your neck for a while, and keep the area moisturized. Then, if you have acne on the front of your neck, start back with BP in that area super duper slowly. A half a pea size amount...like a tiny amount...every other day or every 3rd day even. And only ramp up your dosage as your neck skin can handle it.