Going From Retin-A ...

Notifications
Clear all

Going From Retin-A To The Regimen

MemberMember
(@draug)

Posted : 08/08/2014 10:28 pm

Hey, I have been using retin-a for the last year and a half and it has worked wonders for my skin. Prior to that I used Epiduo which also worked great. However, my derm recently stopped renewing my prescription for retin-a (without even seeing me) and says that I must make an appointment for him to continue prescribing it. The problem is, it will take several months to get an appointment because he is always so busy.

Should I switch to The Regimen or wait it out while my skin breaks out again (I had moderate-severe acne)? What results should I expect by switching to The Regimen?

Thanks for any answers.

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 08/08/2014 11:04 pm

I would call the office and tell them to leave a message for the doctor. Tell him you want to continue using retin a and would like a refill until you can see him. That's only fair.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 08/09/2014 1:22 am

I say stick to what your skin is responding to. Hopefully your doctor can make time, seems like that wouldn't take too long.

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 08/09/2014 8:29 am

No sense in messing up a good thing.

MemberMember
(@draug)

Posted : 08/09/2014 12:08 pm

No sense in messing up a good thing.

I agree.

I guess i'll call my doctor on Monday and see if he will continue the prescription until I can get an appointment.

Thanks for the answers everyone! 😀