Beginning The Regim...

Notifications
Clear all

Beginning The Regimen Tomorrow, Need Help!

MemberMember
(@dsmith66)

Posted : 07/26/2014 11:02 pm

So I'm thinking about starting the Regimen tomorrow because it just arrived in the mail but heres my story. So Im a guy who graduated from high school in May and I had great skin for basically my whole life with only a couple pimples here and there but nothing that ever bothered me too much. For some reason in the last few weeks I have terrible acne on my jawline, cheeks, and neck. How did this happen so fast?! So I've been taking doxycycline monohydrate for the past 2 weeks and have been using Clarity Clear skin essentials by Melaluca for the past couple weeks. I also do not consume dairy and I eat extremely healthy with many vegetables throughout the day. I am also an athlete so exercise is not an issue. I'm just so frustrated because honestly I can't even go out in public looking like this so I need to do something. I'm not used to having acne or being shy, I'm usually so outgoing and always wanting to do something, but this makes me stay home and cancel plans with friends. The 4 step Clarity stuff I'm using now is salicylic acid and im wondering if I should start the regimen now or wait maybe another week to see how I'm doing? All answers will be helpful Thank You!

Also I have a few questions, If I start the regimen and my acne is only on my jawline/neck, should I only apply it there? Also would it be bad if i got a different non-comedogenic moisturizer because i heard the Regimen one usually doesnt help fully. Another thing, If I get clear in a week or two from the Regimen and I just stop because I dont feel I need it anymore and go back to my old cleanser, would that be okay? I just need Help please someone answer these! Im going to a new school and state for college and will be meeting a lot of new people and just want to make a good first impression. I was clear throughout everything in high school especially prom, graduation, all the end of the year senior partys and etc. I had an amazing year and was a good looking dude .. kind of desperate. Anyone that could answer all these questions would be great, Thanks!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/27/2014 11:55 am

The Regimen is a process and needs to be continued or else your face will breakout - sometimes worse than it was before (i myself am going through this), so make sure this is what you want to do. If you can't commit to using it 100%, i wouldn't recommend even starting it. . Also be prepared to look lke crap for 3-4 months as while some lucky people clear in a few weeks, most of us took a long time to get there. have you tried diet changes? I wish i had done that when i first got acne instead of going to topicals and oral meds. As long as your moisturizer is non comodogenic, it should be fine

MemberMember
(@dsmith66)

Posted : 07/27/2014 12:58 pm

The Regimen is a process and needs to be continued or else your face will breakout - sometimes worse than it was before (i myself am going through this), so make sure this is what you want to do. If you can't commit to using it 100%, i wouldn't recommend even starting it. . Also be prepared to look lke crap for 3-4 months as while some lucky people clear in a few weeks, most of us took a long time to get there. have you tried diet changes? I wish i had done that when i first got acne instead of going to topicals and oral meds. As long as your moisturizer is non comodogenic, it should be fine

I have tried diet changes, trust me. I drink plenty of water throughout the day, eat so many vegetables and some fruits such as apples and mangoes, and I try everything such as drinking a wheatgrass shot everyday and lemon water. Honestly don't know what to do, I think my acne is getting worse too.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 07/28/2014 12:48 am

Acne treatments usually take a while to take effect. If you have already started a particular treatment then I would suggest you stick to that for a couple of months to see how it works before trying the regimen. As LeeLowe has said above, The Regimen takes a lot of commitment and I can assure you that you won't be seeing results in a couple of weeks. You are also not able to stop the regimen straight away after becoming clear as it keeps acne at bay, it does not treat the underlying cause.