Notifications
Clear all

I Just Don't Know What To Do 🙁

MemberMember
(@somehelp123)

Posted : 07/06/2014 3:09 pm

Guys,

I could really use some advice. I'm 25 and I am at my wits end with this acne.

I keep going back and forth between using tazorac and BP and then using the straight "regimen"

I've been on tazorac for 8 months and while it hasn't made me 100% clear, it took care of the nasty deep cysts that I would get. My question is, do you think I should use the regimen in the morning and then my tazorac routine at night? Lately I've been doing just the regimen and my cysts are coming back...It's depressing the hell out of me :( I freak out each morning now because I can feel a new cyst forming.

I hear all these awesome stories regarding the regimen and how it cleared up cystic acne. I don't know if I should just forgo tazorac now and just focus on the "regimen"

Do you guys think the regimen can clear nasty cystic type acne 100%?

sorry for the rambling I'm just frustrated :/

MemberMember
(@bizz)

Posted : 07/06/2014 4:34 pm

Have you ever been on internal medication? Are you female (and dealing with hormonal or follicular acne)?

What else have you tried?

I will say this--Mario Badescu Buffering lotion has not helped with my super-deep cystic hormonal acne, but the moderate cysts....it shrinks them by 50% and takes out a lot of the pain and redness in two or three days.

I am experiencing adult acne and can say that no, I do not think benzoyl peroxide is a cureall, but my skin no longer tolerates it. You may need to go on medication.

Doxycycline did not work for me as a teenager but for at least a couple months (6+) at age 27, it worked like a charm. Before that I had tried Accutane (not so great given the purging) for two years, aldactone/spiro (horrible for me, made me bruise and form acne marks like a peach), and Solodyn.

I came back to Doxy at 26 and it helped a lot.

The next step (if you're female) would be spiro or possibly Yaz birth control. I have never had much success with topicals alone.

The other solution for topicals: Aczone (adalpene), Epiduo (adalpene + benzoyl peroxide) or Benzaclin (2.5% bp + clindamyacin antibiotic).

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 07/06/2014 4:39 pm

Taz at night and bp during the day can be a good combo for many people. If you are already established on Taz and want to stick with it, you can add in the bp during the day and see if the combo can clear you up and keep it all under control. If not, you can always give The Regimen a go in the future. It works best when followed strictly.

MemberMember
(@somehelp123)

Posted : 07/06/2014 4:46 pm

Have you ever been on internal medication? Are you female (and dealing with hormonal or follicular acne)?

What else have you tried?

I will say this--Mario Badescu Buffering lotion has not helped with my super-deep cystic hormonal acne, but the moderate cysts....it shrinks them by 50% and takes out a lot of the pain and redness in two or three days.

I am experiencing adult acne and can say that no, I do not think benzoyl peroxide is a cureall, but my skin no longer tolerates it. You may need to go on medication.

Doxycycline did not work for me as a teenager but for at least a couple months (6+) at age 27, it worked like a charm. Before that I had tried Accutane (not so great given the purging) for two years, aldactone/spiro (horrible for me, made me bruise and form acne marks like a peach), and Solodyn.

I came back to Doxy at 26 and it helped a lot.

The next step (if you're female) would be spiro or possibly Yaz birth control. I have never had much success with topicals alone.

The other solution for topicals: Aczone (adalpene), Epiduo (adalpene + benzoyl peroxide) or Benzaclin (2.5% bp + clindamyacin antibiotic).

thanks for the reply,

I am a male and my derm put me on a strict solodyn for 6 months along with aczone and taz for 6-7 months. It worked ok but didn't clear me fully...I switched out the aczone for bp and It cleared me for a bit but it came back. My derm took me off solodyn because he no longer thought I needed, I guess at that time I was pretty clear. They did suggest doryx if I wanted...