Just Ordered The Re...

Notifications
Clear all

Just Ordered The Regimen! Question On Jojoba Oil And Dryness...

MemberMember
(@mms3192)

Posted : 06/02/2014 11:38 pm

I just ordered the regimen! And I am so excited to give this a try after all of the success stories...

Things I've tried in the past: Accutane (twice), Millions of OTC products..neutregena, clean and clear, proactive, etc., 3 different kinds of birth control, antibiotics including doxycycline and monocycline and I actually think a few others, tazorac, duac, aczone, diet changes including no dairy, gluten, wheat, and sugar, natural soaps including black, sulfur, and soap from the dead sea, and most recently apple cider vinegar topically and as a toner..which seems to help somewhat but I still break out.

But anyways, I am so excited to receive the regimen in the mail and get started. I have my fingers crossed that it will work for me since I have heard so many success stories.

I have two questions though!

1. Did anyone have problems with the jojoba oil breaking them out? I've read that it doesn't cause breakouts but it is an oil so it just makes me nervous. And I just wanted some opinions...and..

2. I was on accutane before and the dryness was awful! I can't imagine this being worse than that! Anyone have taken accutane and been on the regimen and can compare? But I handled accutane twice so this shouldn't be too unbearable I hope!

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@andreypopov)

Posted : 06/03/2014 1:07 am

I've been in accutan and the regimen and regimen is barely at 5% dryness of what accutan used to be. It is going to be different for everybody but I can't imagine this dryness being anything you can't handle if you handled accutan :) I honestly don't remember much dryness at all - moisturizer in the regimen pretty much covered that for me.

MemberMember
(@monm13)

Posted : 06/03/2014 2:12 am

For me Jojobo Oil gave me a little break out but the subsided over time; the more I used it the more I got used to it. Its great it makes my skin look like fresh. But while I was still on the first week of the regimen I didnt really have Jojobo oil which I should have bought with the pack but I forgot. So, its helped me cover some flakiness and it helps in the process. My skin did look oily but heck its helping me so I got nothing to loose. :D

MemberMember
(@mms3192)

Posted : 06/03/2014 10:28 am

Thanks you guys! Makes me feel a little bit better about the dryness. And I've tried coconut oil and vitamin e oil both on my face and those both broke me out so that is where my nerves come from for the jojoba oil.

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 06/03/2014 10:44 am

If you have had problems with other oils why don't you do a test patch with the jojoba oil before you put it all over your face? Just put some on your neck or behind your ear where it is not visible and wait a couple of days to see if you react or break out.

Also, if you get a lot of flakiness after the first month you can introduce the AHA (glycolic acid) which works really well.

Good luck.

MemberMember
(@sky13)

Posted : 06/03/2014 12:02 pm

Good luck! Im on week 5 of the regimen and its working wonders.In regards to the dryness the first 2-3 weeks were a bit bad but after I introduced an AHA mixied into my moisturizer the majority of it has subsided.

MemberMember
(@ukdreamin)

Posted : 06/04/2014 1:02 am

AHA is amazing for dryness. Mix that with your moisturizer at night and you'll be fine!

MemberMember
(@mms3192)

Posted : 06/04/2014 11:04 am

Thanks you guys! I'm so excited to receive it in the mail. I want to get started right away.

And sky13...that is wonderful! Good for you! That gives me so much hope you have no idea!

Unfortunately I was using black soap before this and I have some kind of allergic reaction/rash/dry scaly skin in patches on my face and I'm hoping it will go away soon because I don't want to start something new until it disappears. I switched back to cetaphil gentle cleanser and I've been moisturizing like crazy but it doesn't seem to be helping much :(

MemberMember
(@sky13)

Posted : 06/05/2014 10:43 am

Thank you! I hope you achieve good results too. I was offered accutane but turned it down the try the regimen instead and Im SO glad I did because Im still having good results without the worry of taking accutane.

Any questions feel free to ask!

MemberMember
(@wowcmon)

Posted : 06/05/2014 11:28 pm

Never use that oil so cant tell u