Getting Off The Reg...

Notifications
Clear all

Getting Off The Regimen?

MemberMember
(@tonythetiger)

Posted : 04/14/2014 9:10 pm

It has been a while since I've been on the forums mainly because the regimen has worked perfectly for me. I've been on it for about 8 months and it was very beneficial. However I still have slight hyperpigmentation on my cheeks & forehead.

I really want to slowly get off the regimen though. Which brings me to my question, Has anyone had success with this? If so please tell the process of how you did it?

Even any advice on applying bp once a day would be great for me.. I use a fingers length AM & PM still.

I know most of you probably see it as a bad idea but I am 17 years of age and I honestly do not want to continue the time consuming application in the mornings/evenings. Bp also gave my skin a weird look, even though it is bumpless in texture and smooth. Plus I figure without bp, my skin could slowly get back to how it used to be when my PIH either healed rapidly or never became present.

I'm terrified to experiment with tapering off the regimen simply because I absolutely dread the idea of my acne returning back to how it was or even worse. So any feedback is appreciated!!

MemberMember
(@elfantasma)

Posted : 04/15/2014 9:41 am

I have been using the regimen on and off for 5-6 years. 2 months ago I stopped using the regimen in the mornings and only applying a VERY small amount at night compared to before when I used the full dosage twice a day. Everything went well for the first 3-4 weeks and then I had some flare ups. Today everything is going well and my skin haven't been better for years than today.

I know how you feel about tapering off the regimen. The thought of your acne returning will drive you crazy. It drove me crazy and that's why I followed the regimen religiously for such a long time.

MemberMember
(@tonythetiger)

Posted : 04/15/2014 7:47 pm

I understand, Thank you! If I may ask - How exactly did you convert to bp at night only? Did you just slightly lower amounts of bp each week in the morning and keep fingers length at night? Or did you completely quit applying bp in the morning one day, cold turkey?

MemberMember
(@kim28)

Posted : 04/15/2014 11:11 pm

I think the trick to things like this is to not quit cold turkey, but to use a little less very slowly. This way you can monitor at what point breakouts returned, if at all. Do this over the course of several weeks, and at some point start skipping the AM sometimes. If your acne does not return, keep going until you are at the place where you are comfortable. If it does, at least you have a reasonable idea of what your maintenance point is, and how much you actually have to use.

You can then try this again in a few months to see if you can continue to lower your maintenance point, if you are still feeling like you're using too much. BP does not 'cure' acne, but you my grow out of it any time, so it is not a bad idea to try to lower the amount you use, but patience is key.

Best of luck.