Notifications
Clear all

What To Do?

MemberMember
(@somehelp123)

Posted : 04/11/2014 7:41 pm

Hi all....I need some advice...I've currently been on a regimen my dermatologist gave me. 1 tab solodyn, tazorac, aczone....and then their cleanser...toner..and a refirming gel. It's been 5 months and my skin is just not where it should be...I'm still getting cysts...is it worth dropping all this and just starting the acne.org regimen? or does it seem like I'd be wasting my time? I'm about to be 25 and I'm just absolutely friggen sick and tired of having to deal with this...

Thanks everyone.

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 04/11/2014 8:01 pm

I sounded like you a year ago! Then i said f8k it and went on accutane. My brother did the same thing and never looked back. But of course I'm not forcing you to do the same. Im just saying, i got to a point where i was just so sick and tired of this shit. And it just ruined my life. So yeah. It helped my moderate acne, so now i can just focus on my rosacea problem which was impossible to treat whilst having pimple probs. Yeah..

MemberMember
(@somehelp123)

Posted : 04/11/2014 8:11 pm

I have been going back and forth in my mind about accutane. I'm just really afraid to touch the drug...I'm in grad school and my life revolves around school and exams...did you have any issues with accutane? My life is stressful right now...50 percent due to acne lol....fuck you acne

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 04/11/2014 8:32 pm

I have been going back and forth in my mind about accutane. I'm just really afraid to touch the drug...I'm in grad school and my life revolves around school and exams...did you have any issues with accutane? My life is stressful right now...50 percent due to acne lol....fuck you acne

Both me and my bro had no issues- except dryness of course. I can relate to you.... when i started it i was hundreds of miles away from home at college. And i won't deny at first it was a struggle because i didn't have my family to just see and talk to during it. I had no psychological issues during treatment really, it was just harsh. It was all free and delivered to my mailbox, my insurance covered 100% of it thankfully. But i lived through a whole semester with it, but it was sooooo worth it. Now i struggle with rosacea and a couple HP marks, but I've come a long way. Also! one last thing- this time last year i signed all the forms for ipledge (spring break time) so by the time i get home i could get my first blood test, and than another one after. So i started it during the summer, so i had down time to get through the small I.B that i had. Anyways, good luck.

p.s i was afraid to touch the drug too, i thought i was digging myself a grave. But they scare you because its highly regulated