Still Have Dry And ...

Notifications
Clear all

Still Have Dry And Flaky Skin!

MemberMember
(@darkdubzs)

Posted : 03/19/2014 7:58 pm

I've been on the regimen for probably 6 or 7 weeks now and my skin has been super dry and flaky the entire time. My Skin is naturally oily though, so my t zone is always becomes oily and looks shiny after time; the rest of my face (mouth and chin area and some of cheeks) is dry and flaky. I do the regimen twice a day, but now I only apply BP at night because of dryness. Moisturizer doesn't even seem to help the dryness. After I cleanse and let my face dry, it gets super dry, tight and flaky. I've been using AHA+ for about a week now too and only slightly helps the dryness and flakyness. People say to use jojoba oil, but I can't have my face look all oily and shiny during the day while I'm at school and out. WHAT SHOULD I DO!? I'm feeling so down, like I'm trapped in this endless cycle of acne. I'm still not totally clear, still getting pimples, but not as bad as before. Anyways, please help with this dryness problem. Again, i cant have my skin look oily or shiny in the daytime, but i can at night. What should I do?!!?

MemberMember
(@darkdubzs)

Posted : 03/19/2014 9:47 pm

BUMP

anyone? please!

MemberMember
(@roundbagel)

Posted : 03/20/2014 12:30 am

To be honest I am feeling the same. This is ny second week on the regimen too with the actual regimen sold on here. I get through the regimen and then apply the moisturizer but then I find that I need more, so I apply more. Still not enough though lol face dries up and flakes

MemberMember
(@swiss-miss)

Posted : 03/22/2014 3:49 pm

I am in the same boat as you! Except I have the jojoba oil and mix a little bit with the moisturizer. It feels oily, though, and not sure how !much its helping. Does the aha help? Should I try that? Can you add another moisturizer to it? Which is best?

MemberMember
(@ttpw4227)

Posted : 03/22/2014 5:35 pm

I've been using the regimen for about four years now and I have the same flake problem. Part of how the BP works to my understanding is that is makes your skin cycle through its life faster, hence why the flaking is kind of dramatic. Jojoba oil is a freaking godsend. I understand not wanting to put it on your face during the day, but I highly recommend using it at night. Even if you don't use it regularly, you can use like 10-12 drops at once to help take off the existing flakes. I'll use Neutrogena naturals purifying pore scrub if I'm really having a rough flaky time, even though I know scrubs go against the-way-of-the-Regimen. What I'm going to try doing is only use BP once a day and moisturize up at night. Tired of having flaky skin and oily hair. You can bet a cure for one will make the other worse when it comes to the hair closest to my face.

MemberMember
(@purplesky)

Posted : 03/23/2014 10:12 am

You probably need a better way to deal with the acne. Topicals don't usually help the majority of people.

Are you getting enough pleasure in your life? Enough sex, or any sex at all? Stress and hormones are closely linked in acne patients. Try having passionate sex more... If you're not with a sexual partner you will have to try pleasuring yourself such as playing with your butthole and pretending it's a hot girl doing it to you.