Almost Clear.. But ...

Notifications
Clear all

Almost Clear.. But Skin Drier Than Ever (Pics Included)

MemberMember
(@minaaa)

Posted : 02/28/2014 5:07 am

After being on the regimen for 8 weeks now, I no longer have any active acne, just red marks.

The problem is now my dry skin. I've always had oily skin before the regimen, so it's really foreign to me. I've no idea how to deal with it. I've included some pictures of my skin after cleansing and before moisturising. Is dryness like that still normal at this stage of the regimen?

Just so you know, I am using jojoba oil with moisturiser, I'm using the products of this site, I've incorporated aha almost two weeks ago(which only made it worse) and I only use BP at night, the full amount.

So yeah, I'm pretty much at my wits end about this, I'm almost wishing my oily skin back..

Has anyone else had the same issue?

post-367802-0-12886700-1393582029_thumb.

post-367802-0-54552600-1393582045_thumb.

post-367802-0-12886700-1393582029_thumb.

post-367802-0-54552600-1393582045_thumb.

121706 liked
MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 02/28/2014 7:49 am

you know you can stop the regimen if you feel your skin is really dry and you cant handle it until you feel it has calm down and ready to be started again

MemberMember
(@minaaa)

Posted : 02/28/2014 9:55 am

Yeah, I've done that a couple of times but it just ends up coming back, I need a more permanent solution.

MemberMember
(@peonia)

Posted : 03/03/2014 3:02 am

Yeah, I've done that a couple of times but it just ends up coming back, I need a more permanent solution.

Try to cut back on the BP and keep using the same amount of moisturizer.

I also started peeling a lot when I amped up the BP in the second week. Instead, I just went back to pea-size amount of BP and I use a finger length of the moisturizer (all of this from the Regimen). I only use the BP at night too. I have naturally combination skin, and it's easilly oily in the summer. Right now, when I wake up in the morning my skin is a bit oily so it's helping with the peeling.

In the morning I use a salicylic acid gel (Origins) and the moisturizer. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@minaaa)

Posted : 03/03/2014 1:39 pm

Try to cut back on the BP and keep using the same amount of moisturizer.

I also started peeling a lot when I amped up the BP in the second week. Instead, I just went back to pea-size amount of BP and I use a finger length of the moisturizer (all of this from the Regimen). I only use the BP at night too. I have naturally combination skin, and it's easilly oily in the summer. Right now, when I wake up in the morning my skin is a bit oily so it's helping with the peeling.

In the morning I use a salicylic acid gel (Origins) and the moisturizer. Good luck!

Yeah, I'll probably cut back on the BP 🙂 Thank you!