The Truth About The...

Notifications
Clear all

The Truth About The Regimen (Benzoyl Peroxide)

MemberMember
(@orlando158)

Posted : 02/18/2014 3:31 pm

This acne regimen is nothing new, and it was not created by this website, it has been around since the 80s. only 30% of those using a simplistic benzoyl peroxide based routine will find significant satisfaction, whether that is total inactivation or inactivated enough to be satisfied, other 20% will find partial satisfaction, their bumps and redness goes down a little, but they still remain active

The remaining 50% of people who try simplistic benzoyl peroxide based routines, will not get better, they will not find any satisfaction, and some make their acne worse, and create more wear and tear

These percentages are for all the people who are highly motivated and doing the regimen as directed, one of the biggest injustice in the treatment of acne, is when doctors, companies, or websites like this one, assume that because the person is not doing well on their benzoyl peroxide regimen, that they are not motivated or not using it as instructed, the exact opposite happens, acne patients are highly motivated, they will still succeed, partially succeed, fail or get worse

The pros

- inexpensive, widely available

- bring satisfaction to 30% of people, and partial improvement to 20%

- simplistic routine, offer sense of taking care of your skin, self achievement

The cons

- many are allergic, and sensitive

- can bleach your clothes, sheets, everything, especially when treating body acne

- 50% of people will not improve at all or get worse

- it only works for people with mild acne

- even if you achieve partial improvement, it will not be satisfying, and if anything, it will contribute to a psyche of defeatism and hopelessness

- despite any claims to the contrary, these simple benzoyl peroxide routines have tolerance and resistance issues, while some may argue in a lab, that there is no resistance, anyone who has had acne for 5 years knows that the skin creates tolerance to any active ingredient, the skin is constantly becoming resistant and tolerant to anything, and it gets accustomed to it.

- embellished success rates, whether they are sold on infomercials, spas, online websites, all of these products are embellishing their results, they're claiming to help almost anyone, with these simple routines, this is the real injustice, is not that these benzoyl peroxide routines are scams, or that they don't work for some, is just that the marketing has been embellished for 30 years, is this embellishment, that has created the desolation, defeatism, skepticism, apathy, anxiety, depression that acne sufferers face

- many have tried these routines, and their anxiety is very high, because whoever sold them these routines, did not tell them, that there was a 70% chance that they will not find fully satisfaction with these treatments, had they been told that on day one, they would have entered these routine with a different mindset, such as, let's see if I can beat this, rather than, I know that this CAN help me. The way these simplistic benzoyl peroxide routines are being marketed, is the major injustice in the treatment of acne,

- causes irritation, darkens the skin, texture changes that are not desired by anyone, they trade acne for irritated and roughened skin, is not necessarily because benzoyl peroxide is irritating, but these simplistic routines don't really address all the needs an acne sufferers has, you need to get rid of acne, without irritating your skin, and causing texture changes

- I said before that one of the pros, of using a benzoyl peroxide routine, is that you can do it yourself, which gives you a sense of empowerment, only when you win, but this same aspect of a simple routine, is also one con, because if you don't see improvements, you are left all alone to get frustrated, and repeat the cycle of failure, this type of feeling while on your own, contributes to hopelessness and defeatism

- one of the biggest cons, is the concept, they tell you, to hope and wait, to put it on your face for months, and see what happens, waiting months for results is very dangerous, not only you're acne is getting worse the longer you wait, but if you are all on your own, you have no one to talk to, you can spend 3 months, doing more wear and tear, without no results to be seen

- some people tend to get worse before they get better, this can be traumatic for many, getting worse first, is very dangerous, for both wear and tear, and emotionally, this idea is a con

all these science and pseudo science that you get bombarded with, is intended to convince you logically and scientifically that your choosing the right product, in reality it will only work for 30% of cases, these bogus claims are made in vitro, not in vivo, in real life

if benzoyl peroxide routine is all you have available, you should give it a shot, but with the mindset, that it may not bring you to satisfaction, that it may not be the cure for your acne, if you come in with that mindset, you won't be emotional traumatized, is ok to try them as long gas you have the right mindset

-

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 02/18/2014 4:01 pm

Working for only 30%/20%/50% of cases? 30%/20%/50% cases of what? Mild, inflammatory acne or moderate with partially non-inflammatory? Those with just blackheads? I don't know where you're getting those statistics.

Success or side effects with BP is highly dependent on how much you use, the concentration, what you use it with, if you're wearing sunscreen, your skin type, what other skin diseases you have, how severe your acne is, and whether it is truly acne.

Yes, there is only limited effectiveness with OTC stuff. It has to be, as the more effective topicals and treatments need dermatologist/doctor supervision.

Even with prescription topicals, it takes awhile. That's because not all pimples are "born" at the same time. Also, not everything can be applied daily when you first start. The best example is with retinoids.

You do have a point that OTC products can be overstated. You also have a point that people get desperate and think that BP is a "cure". I don't quite agree with The Regimen's dosing, but it's one option to consider or getting inspired from it.

MemberMember
(@lanette)

Posted : 02/18/2014 4:03 pm

very nice!!! i agree, what do u think is good to do to control acne? i already know about "the inside out" vegiies, water, etc etc.....but what about topically, cuz they kinda go hand in hand.....any suggestions/advice would be great!!!!!

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 02/18/2014 4:17 pm

i think using an AHA daily does the most for preventing acne. i love glycolic acid it works so well. i used bp for years and years with a lot of success (until i got the bad cystic and nodular acne) only because i didnt realize that glycolic acid could be used daily. for people that cant use AHA's or even BHA's though bp really can do wonders.

MemberMember
(@orlando158)

Posted : 02/18/2014 4:41 pm

very nice!!! i agree, what do u think is good to do to control acne? i already know about "the inside out" vegiies, water, etc etc.....but what about topically, cuz they kinda go hand in hand.....any suggestions/advice would be great!!!!!

Everyone is different, imo, there is no definite answer, if there was, acne wouldn't be such an issue for millions of people around the world. There is not a cure, that will work for everyone. For many people, simply using benzoyl peroxide, can cure their acne for good.

Unfortunately, with acne, nothing is guaranteed, is probably better to go directly to a dermatologist, and try the best methods for your skin, rather than trying to fix it on your own, and possibly failing, wasting time, trying every product out there, and risking wear and tear. You can still fail by following your dermatologist suggestions though, there is no possible way for me or even a dermatologist, to know what will really work for you, or anyone.

Either way, you always will end up trying everything, until you find what works best for you, usually a combination of everything, diet, topical creams

In my case, I never really had facial acne, I'm 29 and I have nothing, my face is clear, when I was 17 I had a few pimples here and there. My main problem has always been back/arm acne, I still have some, though is nothing compared to most cases. I have found what works best for me, is exfoliation with salicylic acid.

I have tried benzoyl peroxide, but it did nothing, my back acne sort of improved by itself over the years, without me doing anything, but it never went away.

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 02/18/2014 4:57 pm

I'm not sure why the original poster seems to feel that he is an authority on this subject. Where his statistics coming from? Is he a dermatologist? Probably not, just a 'know it all' so I wouldn't be in a hurry to take any of his advice as gospel.

Anyone with any sense knows that not every acne remedy will work for everyone but most of us are willing to try something to see if it works. The Regimen doesn't pretend to be anything new or revolutionary. It is very up front about the possible negative effects of bp etc. It is hardly a 'scam' since it is not even necessary to purchase their products and they provides a whole list of drugstore items that you can purchase.

Just to be clear I have nothing whatsoever to do with this website. I just don't feel that extremely critical people going on a rant like they are experts is really helping anyone who is struggling with acne. Take your negativity elsewhere please orlando158!

MemberMember
(@orlando158)

Posted : 02/18/2014 7:51 pm

I'm not sure why the original poster seems to feel that he is an authority on this subject. Where his statistics coming from? Is he a dermatologist? Probably not, just a 'know it all' so I wouldn't be in a hurry to take any of his advice as gospel.

Anyone with any sense knows that not every acne remedy will work for everyone but most of us are willing to try something to see if it works. The Regimen doesn't pretend to be anything new or revolutionary. It is very up front about the possible negative effects of bp etc. It is hardly a 'scam' since it is not even necessary to purchase their products and they provides a whole list of drugstore items that you can purchase.

Just to be clear I have nothing whatsoever to do with this website. I just don't feel that extremely critical people going on a rant like they are experts is really helping anyone who is struggling with acne. Take your negativity elsewhere please orlando158!

In that sense, then dermatologists and doctors are also ''know it alls'', only reason you trust them over the next guy, is because they have a piece of paper, yet, how many dermatologists and doctors, make mistakes all the time, and misdiagnose/mistreat patients?

only differences between these so called doctors, and the average guy, is that the doctor has a paper, there is nothing special about them, anyone with a few years of reading, can know just as much, if not more than a doctor, these doctors are not computers that can memorize more data than you and I. All these so called doctors did, was memorize and learn what thousands of people have already written and learned in the past before them. Your family doctor or dermatologist, didn't invent anything, all he did was memorize stuff, that anyone can read and learn, which allowed him to get a paper, that says he is qualified now. Most doctors do not retain all the information they learned, and now with the internet, books, e-books, anyone can reach their level of knowledge by simply reading and memorizing, because that is what the regular doctor did.

We live in a world, where titles, papers, and coats, mean more than what is in your mind. This is how advertisers take advantage of us, we see an acne or wrinkle product, with some dude wearing a coat, he could be jack the ripper or a burger flipper at mcdonald's for all we know, but since he is wearing a coat, oh a doctor, I must trust him lmao

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 02/18/2014 10:30 pm

My goodness you certainly do have a skewed way of looking at things! If you want to have the audacity to believe that you know as much or more than someone who went to university for 7-10 years to become a doctor then I guess that is your prerogative. People are free to take your advice if they choose as well. Personally I will trust an actual qualified doctor (in a coat or not) over you everytime, No questions, everytime.

MemberMember
(@orlando158)

Posted : 02/18/2014 10:36 pm

My goodness you certainly do have a skewed way of looking at things! If you want to have the audacity to believe that you know as much or more than someone who went to university for 7-10 years to become a doctor then I guess that is your prerogative. People are free to take your advice if they choose as well. Personally I will trust an actual qualified doctor (in a coat or not) over you everytime, No questions, everytime.

people have been trusting them for years, and they still have acne

This thread is about acne, there is no secret, that your dermatologist knows, that the rest of the population doesn't, only reason to see a dermatologist is to get prescription medication, all the information or knowledge that your average dermatologist knows, can be acquired by simply reading a few books, and the internet, only benefit of seeing a dermatologist, is being able to be prescribed meds, which are usually more powerful than otc

Also, there is no way your dermatologist, regardless of how many PhDs he or she may have, could possibly know what will cure your acne, just like you have tried every otc product, he will also try some prescription products until finally something does the trick

MemberMember
(@bubbles55)

Posted : 02/18/2014 11:25 pm

People finding success with the regimen and benzoyl peroxide use only have surface acne and mild at that. No topical can treat severe or 'deep' acne as it can't penetrate deep enough into the skin. And yes skin can grow tolerant to BP.

Actually, nothing can get past the stratum corneum (the first layer of the skin) which makes topical products in form of creams, gels and face washes useless at tackling truly cystic pimples as those suckers form in the very bottom of the dermis (if not further).

The same goes for deep seated fine lines and wrinkles which is why I feel sorry for these 45-60 something year old women paying upwards of $400 dollars for a night cream with supposed 'miracle benefits' in hopes that it will reverse the visible signs of aging. My mother is in her early 50's and got talked into by an esthetician to buy a $90 dollar neck cream that was supposedly going to 'transform' her deep neck wrinkles and give a 'facelift' like effect and it did absolutely nothing, I mean ZILCH for her.

Topicals are a joke.

MemberMember
(@dolan-duck)

Posted : 02/19/2014 6:27 am

Wow, the untold truth of a troll. This guy is just angry because BP didn't work for him. BP work for me 100% and all the other people that I have met in real life. It doesn't cure the root cause of acne nor does it claim it does but it gets rid of acne. No one should give this troll any more attention.

MemberMember
(@orlando158)

Posted : 02/19/2014 12:22 pm

Wow, the untold truth of a troll. This guy is just angry because BP didn't work for him. BP work for me 100% and all the other people that I have met in real life. It doesn't cure the root cause of acne nor does it claim it does but it gets rid of acne. No one should give this troll any more attention.

funny, coming from someone with a name, dolan the duck

rh1gyu.jpg

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 02/19/2014 2:07 pm

I agree with Dolan Duck!! This forum is for people to help and support each other so lets do that and not give any attention or unwarranted credibility to people who have their own agenda.

The Regimen is not for everyone but it cleared my acne beautifully so give it a try if you are looking for a possible solutions.

Stay positive guys.

MemberMember
(@orlando158)

Posted : 02/19/2014 2:42 pm

I agree with Dolan Duck!! This forum is for people to help and support each other so lets do that and not give any attention or unwarranted credibility to people who have their own agenda.

The Regimen is not for everyone but it cleared my acne beautifully so give it a try if you are looking for a possible solutions.

Stay positive guys.

just because I address things that you don't want to read, doesn't mean, I'm being negative, not everything is positive. I clearly addressed both the positives and negatives of this treatment, the problem here is that you fail to realize why this website exists, is not to help you, is to make money, this is the main reason this website was created in the first place

Also, I clearly said that BP will work for some people

if benzoyl peroxide routine is all you have available, you should give it a shot, but with the mindset, that it may not bring you to satisfaction, that it may not be the cure for your acne, if you come in with that mindset, you won't be emotional traumatized, is ok to try them as long gas you have the right mindset

MemberMember
(@bubbles55)

Posted : 02/19/2014 7:09 pm

Stay positive guys.

just because I address things that you don't want to read, doesn't mean, I'm being negative, not everything is positive. I clearly addressed both the positives and negatives of this treatment, the problem here is that you fail to realize why this website exists, is not to help you, is to make money, this is the main reason this website was created in the first place

Also, I clearly said that BP will work for some people

>>if benzoyl peroxide routine is all you have available, you should give it a shot, but with the mindset, that it may not bring you to satisfaction, that it may not be the cure for your acne, if you come in with that mindset, you won't be emotional traumatized, is ok to try them as long gas you have the right mindset

Sigh... so many people forget that Acne.org is also a lucrative business. And we all know any money making venture is never honest. The owner Daniel Kern has become a Millionaire (net worth of well over 3.5 million) from selling these regimen supplies.

The truth is no one with severe acne is ever going to improve with a topical regimen alone, they are being deceived by this website into thinking these products are going to be able to miraculously control their acne.

MemberMember
(@orlando158)

Posted : 02/19/2014 8:52 pm

Sigh... so many people forget that Acne.org is also a lucrative business. And we all know any money making venture is never honest. The owner Daniel Kern has become a Millionaire (net worth of well over 3.5 million) from selling these regimen supplies.

The truth is no one with severe acne is ever going to improve with a topical regimen alone, they are being deceived by this website into thinking these products are going to be able to miraculously control their acne.

Yeah, and many times, everyone just assumes, that they are either not being motivated enough, not applying the product enough, not following the regimen as directed. Stop and think logically for a second before you consider the regiment: This guy is not a doctor, he is running a business, and there is NO CURE FOR ACNE...sad but true. This whole acne industry is shady (including dermatologists).

It seems like any doctor is just throwing darts at a dartboard (here, try this, that). They appear to be clueless. You read this forum and you can see all the various people are suggesting to try. Its ridiculous!

It doesn't seem like this should be this hard. Especially in this day and age. So why is it this way? It can all be boiled down to one word....money. This is a multi-billion dollar industry. What would happen to all of the various OTC and online products, and various antibiotics if a cure was discovered? They would all vanish. And so would all that money and all those jobs

If Dan's regimen was so great, why are people still on here? If proactive was so great, why are people still on here? There is no cure. Its 2014. How is that possible? Instead more and more OTC products are launched and more and more infomercial based products are launched and they are all rolling in the money they are making off all of these desperate people.

The fact that this guy wants you to use a ton of his product twice a day just seems too fishy, notice how he says that the SECRET, is always applying more benzoYl peroxide, no doctor or dermatologist recommends this, yet the main secret of this guy's routine, is applying more, and then he goes on to sell his own products, is a strategy to get you buy more benzoyl peroxide from him

why wouldn't medical professionals tell you to use such large amounts?

has scam written all over it

MemberMember
(@bubbles55)

Posted : 02/19/2014 9:27 pm

Yeah, and many times, everyone just assumes, that they are either not being motivated enough, not applying the product enough, not following the regimen as directed. Stop and think logically for a second before you consider the regiment: This guy is not a doctor, he is running a business, and there is NO CURE FOR ACNE...sad but true. This whole acne industry is shady (including dermatologists).

It seems like any doctor is just throwing darts at a dartboard (here, try this, that). They appear to be clueless. You read this forum and you can see all the various people are suggesting to try. Its ridiculous!

It doesn't seem like this should be this hard. Especially in this day and age. So why is it this way? It can all be boiled down to one word....money. This is a multi-billion dollar industry. What would happen to all of the various OTC and online products, and various antibiotics if a cure was discovered? They would all vanish. And so would all that money and all those jobs

If Dan's regimen was so great, why are people still on here? If proactive was so great, why are people still on here? There is no cure. Its 2014. How is that possible? Instead more and more OTC products are launched and more and more infomercial based products are launched and they are all rolling in the money they are making off all of these desperate people.

The fact that this guy wants you to use a ton of his product twice a day just seems too fishy, notice how he says that the SECRET, is always applying more benzoYl peroxide, no doctor or dermatologist recommends this, yet the main secret of this guy's routine, is applying more, and then he goes on to sell his own products, is a strategy to get you buy more benzoyl peroxide from him

Certain threads here on this forum are disturbingly fraught with pure mental idiocy. Urine to cure acne? masturbating three times a day or less to cure acne? not bathing at all to cure acne? (they call it the caveman regimen) - I am literally horrified by the stupidity.

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 02/19/2014 11:40 pm

I feel the same about some of the posters on here and thought they may stop if no one replied to them but they seem to carry on regardless. Too bad there wasn't a screening process for what gets written here.

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 02/20/2014 12:31 am

Yeah, and many times, everyone just assumes, that they are either not being motivated enough, not applying the product enough, not following the regimen as directed. Stop and think logically for a second before you consider the regiment: This guy is not a doctor, he is running a business, and there is NO CURE FOR ACNE...sad but true. This whole acne industry is shady (including dermatologists). </blockquote>

Compliance with acne treatment is an issue. Some people get bored, frustrated, or don't have enough time to stick with applying topicals day an night. Throw in the requirement for sunscreen and then it becomes even more monotonous. Of course, some of it can't be helped, like experiencing too much irritation, allergic reactions, or insurance changes. But compliance is a gigantic issue nonetheless.

It seems like any doctor is just throwing darts at a dartboard (here, try this, that). They appear to be clueless. You read this forum and you can see all the various people are suggesting to try. Its ridiculous! </blockquote>

It only seems like it because there are so many options to consider, minus insurance coverage and contraindications. If you go to a derm, the options narrow down pretty quickly.

The forums are a double-edged sword, like with anything on the Internet: it can give you good ideas and resources, but it can also give you bad ones. Yes, I do agree that some of the suggestions are ridiculous.

It doesn't seem like this should be this hard. Especially in this day and age. So why is it this way? It can all be boiled down to one word....money. This is a multi-billion dollar industry. What would happen to all of the various OTC and online products, and various antibiotics if a cure was discovered? They would all vanish. And so would all that money and all those jobs? </blockquote>

This is one of the biggest, most pervasive myths on the Internet. On the very surface it makes sense--but not when you know other forms of monetization. Pharmaceutical companies would love to find the cure. Do you realize how much profits they would rake in then? It'd be nearly infinite fame and glory to the team of researchers who found the cure, and to the first company. Every single university would war over each other to get the scientists working for them. Whatever universities the researchers graduated/came from would now be famous and would only have to rely on word-of-mouth. All the media outlets would clamor over interviewing them. The pharmaceutical company could charge whatever they wanted for the cure, and they know the vast majority would be willing to pay for it. The companies know that there will always be more people who are born. The companies could always sell the cure, too.

Some people like me want to help. No one here is right on everything, but some of us try to be as accurate as possible. It also helps to give encouragement to those who need it.

Going on the "cure" thought, it's for the same reason that herpes simplex virus--which you could argue that it causes more harm than acne--isn't eradicated. It's very complex.

True, no dermatologist recommends using that much. Heck, the max dose is more than sunscreen! I wouldn't go on to say that it isn't a scam, but there are things I don't agree with and at least some of his advice is inaccurate

MemberMember
(@purplesky)

Posted : 03/02/2014 2:58 pm

Slathering on ridiculous amounts of Benzoyl Peroxide simply isn't the answer for treating acne for the majority of people. It will help some people, sure, however there is no way one can know if it will work for them unless they try it. The chances of it working however are slim and then even if it does, there is a very strong chance the treatment will stop working after so long.

All Benzoyl Peroxide attempts to do is kill bacteria, however that is not the main mechanism that should be used to treat acne. Everyone, including people who do not suffer from Acne has p. acnes on their skin - it's normal.

Most "acne" medications are actually, paradoxically, bad for acne. Most creams, lotions and potions applied to the skin do absolutely nothing to help acne, and in most cases makes it worse. Benzoyl Peroxide is one of those medications that kills some p. acnes (not all), but has significant side effects such as drying out the skin that in turn causes more p. acnes to develop. Slathering on ridiculous amounts of moisturizer in an attempt to address this issue further adds fuel to the fire. Benzoyl peroxide also has that nasty side effect of making post acne marks hang around for a long time.

Basically, most creams and lotions applied to the skin will block pores whether they are listed as non-comedogenic or not. There is no such thing as non-comedogenic ingredients as anything that is applied to the skin and pores is inherently pore-blocking.

Most people are better off using low strength (2%) salicylic acid treatment every day. Note however, there is a lot of trash products out there containing SA that will do nothing to treat acne, and in most cases, make acne worse. Stay away from washes containing SA - they don't work as they are of the incorrect PH and mixed with garbage. Similarly, stay away from creams and lotions containing SA for the same reason. You need a a well formulated 2% 'peel' at a PH of around 3. This will typically be made with a small amount of other ingredients to get the PH correct and you can formulate your own with the basic ingredients and kitchen/lab equipment. You gently apply the acid peel to your face for around 10 minutes before washing off with plain water and patting dry. You do this every morning or night. This method is a gentle way to treat acne and far more effective than Benzoyl Peroxide could ever be. You will not need to use moisturizer either as a 2% peel is very mild. Most people may give up this regimen after a few days as they won't detect any noticeable difference to their acne so will stop. The process is slow, but very effective if kept up for several months.

I like to follow the SA peel each night with a blue light of the correct wavelength (415nm) to kill bacteria. Now I did say earlier that killing bacteria is not the main mechanism that should be used to treat acne, however this can be used as an adjuvant to the SA. Note, you do NOT need to spend long under a blue light. A quick blast of the correct wavelength is all you need, therefore depending on the power of the light, you may only need to have the light on your treatment area for a minute or so.

MemberMember
(@thisuser)

Posted : 03/08/2014 11:42 pm

This acne regimen is nothing new, and it was not created by this website, it has been around since the 80s. only 30% of those using a simplistic benzoyl peroxide based routine will find significant satisfaction, whether that is total inactivation or inactivated enough to be satisfied, other 20% will find partial satisfaction, their bumps and redness goes down a little, but they still remain active

The remaining 50% of people who try simplistic benzoyl peroxide based routines, will not get better, they will not find any satisfaction, and some make their acne worse, and create more wear and tear

These percentages are for all the people who are highly motivated and doing the regimen as directed, one of the biggest injustice in the treatment of acne, is when doctors, companies, or websites like this one, assume that because the person is not doing well on their benzoyl peroxide regimen, that they are not motivated or not using it as instructed, the exact opposite happens, acne patients are highly motivated, they will still succeed, partially succeed, fail or get worse

The pros

- inexpensive, widely available

- bring satisfaction to 30% of people, and partial improvement to 20%

- simplistic routine, offer sense of taking care of your skin, self achievement

The cons

- many are allergic, and sensitive

- can bleach your clothes, sheets, everything, especially when treating body acne

- 50% of people will not improve at all or get worse

- it only works for people with mild acne

- even if you achieve partial improvement, it will not be satisfying, and if anything, it will contribute to a psyche of defeatism and hopelessness

- despite any claims to the contrary, these simple benzoyl peroxide routines have tolerance and resistance issues, while some may argue in a lab, that there is no resistance, anyone who has had acne for 5 years knows that the skin creates tolerance to any active ingredient, the skin is constantly becoming resistant and tolerant to anything, and it gets accustomed to it.

- embellished success rates, whether they are sold on infomercials, spas, online websites, all of these products are embellishing their results, they're claiming to help almost anyone, with these simple routines, this is the real injustice, is not that these benzoyl peroxide routines are scams, or that they don't work for some, is just that the marketing has been embellished for 30 years, is this embellishment, that has created the desolation, defeatism, skepticism, apathy, anxiety, depression that acne sufferers face

- many have tried these routines, and their anxiety is very high, because whoever sold them these routines, did not tell them, that there was a 70% chance that they will not find fully satisfaction with these treatments, had they been told that on day one, they would have entered these routine with a different mindset, such as, let's see if I can beat this, rather than, I know that this CAN help me. The way these simplistic benzoyl peroxide routines are being marketed, is the major injustice in the treatment of acne,

- causes irritation, darkens the skin, texture changes that are not desired by anyone, they trade acne for irritated and roughened skin, is not necessarily because benzoyl peroxide is irritating, but these simplistic routines don't really address all the needs an acne sufferers has, you need to get rid of acne, without irritating your skin, and causing texture changes

- I said before that one of the pros, of using a benzoyl peroxide routine, is that you can do it yourself, which gives you a sense of empowerment, only when you win, but this same aspect of a simple routine, is also one con, because if you don't see improvements, you are left all alone to get frustrated, and repeat the cycle of failure, this type of feeling while on your own, contributes to hopelessness and defeatism

- one of the biggest cons, is the concept, they tell you, to hope and wait, to put it on your face for months, and see what happens, waiting months for results is very dangerous, not only you're acne is getting worse the longer you wait, but if you are all on your own, you have no one to talk to, you can spend 3 months, doing more wear and tear, without no results to be seen

- some people tend to get worse before they get better, this can be traumatic for many, getting worse first, is very dangerous, for both wear and tear, and emotionally, this idea is a con

all these science and pseudo science that you get bombarded with, is intended to convince you logically and scientifically that your choosing the right product, in reality it will only work for 30% of cases, these bogus claims are made in vitro, not in vivo, in real life

-

90% of users believe orlando158 is making up these unattributed statistics.

Don't believe me? Well, you must be a mindless sheep. Why use logic or reputable data when a random guy on a message board can serve as the unquestioned authority?

MemberMember
(@5beauty)

Posted : 03/10/2014 2:45 am

I am affraid orlando 158 has a point. The statistics are familiar to me. I have seen them on another acne site, acnepractice.com. There is also a guru guy, and guess what.... He also sells acne courses!!!! I am not a doctor or i know all person, but in my experience you never get away from it. We all have an aesthetic problem and its in our psychology to try to fix it, so we tend to buy all promising products. I myself bought the regimen last week, simply just to try, but HONESTLY i dont have high expectations. When our self esteem is low we consider significant even the slightest improvement. My acne is hormonal and remembered me after seven years. I had before, seven years with PERFECT face, and now back again. In my case its not the diet, the creams, its nothing but hormones. In this truly helpful site i found infos and started a natural way. I take saw palmetto and vitex. I use lavender and geranium, apple cider vinegar, potato, sudocrem, egg white mask. NOTHING is doing job, but i keep on them, bcause they at least are not harmful. Deep down we all rely on faith and hope...