Getting Back On The...

Notifications
Clear all

Getting Back On The Regimen

MemberMember
(@ryanca)

Posted : 02/06/2014 7:28 pm

Hey guys, I was on the regimen for about 2 years and saw good results, was relatively clear with the occasional pimple for the last year, though I continue to struggle with oily skin I have to use blotting paper every few hours. Recently I feel like I'm getting increased frequency of painful cystic pimples so I figure it's time to go back on. I still have a bottle of the cleanser stored safely for the last year, it should be fine to use this right? I will of course order the benzoyl peroxide, but I have heard mixed things about the Regimen moisturizer, just wondering what you guys think, or if I should try a different one. I have very oily skin. Thanks!!

Adamgpv liked
MemberMember
(@thisuser)

Posted : 02/08/2014 11:13 am

Your cleanser should work fine. I recommend the regimen moisturizer. First of all, it will definitely not break you out. A good moisturizer is the hardest thing to find because they are notorious for causing breakouts. The acne.org moisturizer won't break you out. I also find it very soothing to the skin.

It seems that people criticize the moisturizer because they don't like it the first few days. For some reason, I felt the same way at first. But as I continued to use it (it's been over 3 years now of using that moisturizer), I quickly grew to love it. It does the job.

(@LewisS)

Posted : 02/08/2014 5:20 pm

Hey. Good luck! The cleanser should be fine. As for the moisturiser, it's entirely up to you. There are good alternatives out there. I use ADERMA Skin Care Cream, as recommended by an acne.org admin. It's sooo hydrating and doesn't break you out.

I'm too considering trying the regimen again...I didn't want to because last time, although my acne cleared (and stayed very mild afterwards) - I was a flaky mess. Going to try taking it a lot easier on the BP this time.

I said I'd never go down the unnatural route again, but I have to, my skin is a mess after almost a year of having near-clear skin.