Weird Reaction To B...

Notifications
Clear all

Weird Reaction To Bp

MemberMember
(@cicibabygirl)

Posted : 02/01/2014 12:01 pm

Hi everyone. I was hoping someone could help me. I have been using BP for as long as I've had acne, maybe 10 years or so. I recently started The Regimen almost two weeks ago. I might have been overly confident with the BP, but I've never had this reaction before. On my chin and upper lip only, the skin feels scaly. It is slightly itchy but not red or burning or dry or flaky, the usual reactions I would get using too much BP too often. I was having burning after using BP twice a day for two days into The Regimen, so I stopped using it twice a day and switched to just at night. That's when I noticed the weird scaly skin, so I stopped using BP altogether and started adding Jojoba oil to the moisturizer (I use all Dan's products). I'm getting pimples again so I've started the BP again and although the skin is still scaly, no additional burning or redness. What is happening?? What should I do? Any help is appreciated.

MemberMember
(@juicy-c)

Posted : 02/03/2014 12:51 pm

Yep all that is normal. Stick with it atleast 3 Months to see results.

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 02/03/2014 3:15 pm

If you are just getting dry and flaky, some of that is very typical but it may also be that you jumped in too quickly. Try going slower with the bp and just use a very small amount once daily for this next week. Continue to use the moisturizer generously and the jojoba oil drops with it.

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 02/05/2014 9:37 am

I was like you, I've been using BP for years and years. When I started the Regimen I followed the dosage instructions anyway, and it was fine for 3 months. But by the 3.5 month mark, my skin started to get a weird scaly reaction. It was crazy dry and itchy but it didn't make sense 'cause I had been using the full dosage for over a month already. Eventually I had to cut off BP and give up on the regimen because nothing was making it better. I don't think you're supposed to get this kind of reaction to BP that late into the Regimen. Like half a year later I started using BP again and now it's ok.

I don't know if it was Dan's BP in particular that made my skin react like that. But after that reaction I couldn't use BP of any brand anymore so I don't really know. Maybe you just need to decrease the dosage a little and you'll be fine, but I thought I'd share my 2 cents. I think everyone brushes off this whole 'scaly/dry skin' as just 'totally normal' and that's 'what happens when you start the regimen' when it could be an actual allergic reaction like me.