Notifications
Clear all

New Kind Of Acne

MemberMember
(@msb)

Posted : 12/05/2013 12:06 am

I have been very happy with the regimen since I started it this February until the last 2 months.

I no longer have cystic acne and hard nodules that scar and never go away on my cheeks. However, I have been increasing having issues around my chin. There seems to be blocked pores that form and create bumps--I guess more like traditional acne. But there is no head. Occassionally they become blackheads but alot of them just stay raised. If I squeeze, I get white ooze. I am guessing they are clogged pores. But I don't know how to get rid of them. They are unlike anything I had before. Not as disfiguring but still unattractive.

My routine:

AM: exfoliate wash cloth and water. I used to use cetaphil but I wonder if it is causing the clogged pores. 1 pump of BP. Cerave moisturizer with SPF

PM: wash with purpose. occasional swipe of clearasil sensitive skin SA pads. This has helped minimize the formation of the blackheads but the raised bumps filled with white sebum are still there. Moisturize with Cerave PM.

Wondering if I should

a) switch moisturizer--could cerave be clogging my pores? Is there another moisturizer to try?

b) use stronger salicylic product? Or maybe Dan's AHA?

I recall some people complaining about similar results and I wonder how people have troubleshooted.

I would appreciate suggestions on what to try.

MemberMember
(@msb)

Posted : 01/09/2014 1:17 pm

I have eliminated Cetaphil and it has reduced the chin acne and clogged pores. Just rinsing and using a wash cloth in the shower in the morning seems to be better. I also suspect the clearasil pads are helping to clear up the lingering acne. Will plan on using Dans AHA when I run out of the pads.

I also realize that I have to cleanse EVERY night or I am guaranteed a pimple in the morning.

Nice to have been able to successfully trouble shoot. Hope this helps others.