Is There Anyone Els...

Notifications
Clear all

Is There Anyone Else Besides Me Who Doesn't Moisturize?

MemberMember
(@acneisacurse)

Posted : 11/28/2013 12:42 am

Hey guys, I've been using Dan's BP for 6 months now and my results have been great! I've had weeks where I had not even a single pimple, and when I do get pimples they're very small and go away very quickly. When I started the regimen in May/June I did all the steps in order, cleansing then using BP then moisturizing. I noticed that my skin would sting for a while if I moisturized after BP though, so after reading the forums I found out that some people tried moisturizing first and BP afterwards and they liked it a lot better. So I tried it, and the stinging/discomfort was gone! So after about a month of putting on moisturizer after BP I switched the order, and kept doing that for 2 months and got the same results as before.

I got annoyed after a while however of having to moisturize despite it being very hot in the summer. I noticed my face was pretty oily too, especially my nose, which was probably due to the moisturizer (I've always had pretty oily skin though so I don't know). So one day I decided to put on BP without moisturizing, and my face wasn't nearly as oily and felt lighter as well (due to only putting on one cream instead of two). So as an experiment I decided to go a week like this and see how my skin would react, and by the end of the week my skin never flaked or got irritated at all. So that was 3 months ago, and I have never moisturized since (except a little bit on my chin because that area does flake sometimes, only when it's cold though), and my skin is still doing great! Have any of you guys tried taking out the moisturizer and seeing how your skin will react? One of the most annoying things about my skin, oily skin, has been virtually been eliminated by taking out moisturizer, and my skin is still clear as ever and I spend less time in the bathroom applying creams!

Tl;dr: Followed regimen strictly for a few months, took out moisturizer. It's been 3 months and my skin is still doing very well (not cracked/flaky) and is not oily anymore.