Notifications
Clear all

23 Going On 46.7

MemberMember
(@lord_ant_warrior)

Posted : 11/02/2013 7:14 pm

First off, I must say that my acne is the clearest it has been in about 13 years (Triskadekaphobia sufferers, look away). How clear? "one-active-pimple-per-week-clear" wink.png I have suffered ever since I can remember, and as a result am the strange, genius and yet possibly insane person I am today. Benzoyl Peroxide is unequivicolly the best acne-fighting medication I have ever used, and for that I am eternally grateful to the regimen.

However. The Flaking. Seriously.

I use the greatest moisturizer known to man (and woman), Olay Regenerist Night Recovery Cream. I had been using it for about 2 weeks prior to starting on Benzoyl Peroxide, and for about 3 weeks following I had wonderful velvet sheet-hydrated skin. I still got about 2 new spots a week, but my skin felt like the toilet paper used in the Taj Mahal (allegedly).

Then about week 5 or so, I stopped getting the occasional spot full stop, my skin was great (minus the disgusting red marks).

Unfortunately, I ran out of Olay Regenerist cream, so had to resort to using the infinitely inferior Serum for 4 days whilst waiting for my new order of the cream to arrive. Mistake.

My skin began flaking badly, like the best slow-boiled mackerel. Flake upon flake, the waterfall of skin cascaded down my cheeks. When I eventually recieved my cream, I thought I had finally found salvation. Wrong.

Now no matter how much of the cream I apply, the flakes are still there. I have basically replaced active acne with lizard scales. I was out today, and I almost recoiled in horror at how aged my skin looked. I am not exaggurating to say I am 23 going on 40, to look at my forehead and cheeks. This is better than having active acne, no doubt, but at this rate the only social company I'm going to be keeping will be chameleons and Iguanas.

So, to make this worthwhile for anybody reading- could you please, suggest something I can do to stop the rot? I am humble towards any suggestions.

EDIT: I use the regenerist cleanser usually gently massaging my face in order not to "exfoliate" too much. Could this be the problem I.E that is to say I shouldn't be "massaging" at all?

MemberMember
(@juicy-c)

Posted : 11/02/2013 7:19 pm

AHA

MemberMember
(@lord_ant_warrior)

Posted : 11/02/2013 7:21 pm

AHA

Ah, my apologies but I forgot to say I already use 10% Glycolic acid every evening. Thanks for the reply though.

MemberMember
(@calumma)

Posted : 11/03/2013 3:51 am

Oh hmm. AHA would habe been my suggestion too. When I started BPO 21 ywars ago, I was given Glysolid cream in addition to that. I have NO idea if that has anything comedogenic in there, you should checkt that out, but it really helped with the flaking.