Week 6 And Still Br...

Notifications
Clear all

Week 6 And Still Breaking Out

MemberMember
(@silla123)

Posted : 09/29/2013 12:14 pm

so i'm on week 6 of the regimen and i can barely say this regimen has gotten rid of 50% of my acne. I'm still breaking out though ): only around my cheek and chin area. i discover a new pimple almost every day! For the past week, i've been breaking out like crazy and i was stupid enough to pick at the pimples and now i'm left with these dark marks.

I'm using 1 full pump and about less than a half of my other finger of the Dan's BP. I wouldn't say my skin is used to the BP because it still burns from time to time when i apply and my face still gets extremely dry and flakey. To treat my dry skin, i've been using extra virgin olive oil and it's worked wonders with my dryness. However, last week I experimented and mixed the olive oil and Dan's moisturizer and applied it to my face. I think this is the reason why i've been breaking out.

I do not like Dan's moisturizer at all. It's very sticky and I feel like it doesn't moisturize my face enough, so that's why I've been using the olive oil.

I'm going to start cutting off on junk food and start drinking a lot of water. I have been eating lots of chips and junk food lately and I think that was what helped contribute to my breakout.

So my question is, is it normal to still be breaking out a lot on week 6? I've been looking into getting the AHA. Can you give me your experiences on that? Does it work with breakouts? Also, how can i get rid of my dark marks and scarring? does the AHA help with that too? Also, how much BP should i be using? When do i start using two full pumps? I feel like one pump is more than enough because it covers my entire face but Dan recommends 2 for a reason right?

MemberMember
(@jackthelad)

Posted : 09/29/2013 4:50 pm

pretty sure dans instructions for the regime are comprehensive no? you need to follow the instructions to the T or it will not work.

I cannot speak from experience as i've never done it, but from what i remember reading few years back, you need to follow his instructions meticulously close.

BP for me personally was too harsh and i didnt like it. Furthermore, olive oil is what broke me out like crazy, deep clogged pores and stubborn spots. I'd stop using that asap if i were you.

MemberMember
(@balletkitty66)

Posted : 09/29/2013 5:13 pm

Hi,

I have also tried using olive oil (and several other kinds from Sephora, natural stores, etc..) and all of them caused massive breakouts. Dan recommends the jojoba oil as it is non-comedogenic and I have been mixing it into the moisturizer for additional moisture. I was using 10% BP before I started the regimen and my face was a flaky mess. Since starting with moisturizer (I am not a fan of the texture/feeling either) and the jojoba oil, I have had no problems with flakiness or additional acne.

Here is the page on the jojoba:

http://www.acne.org/jojoba-oil.html

I am not far enough into the regimen to speak to week six yet, however, I have used Dan's AHA when I had no active acne and only had scars. It does take some time but it did help lessen the marks for me. Also I like REN's Glycol Lactice Radiance Renewal Mask for fading scars but there are other methods when you get to that point. Dan recommended being clear for 3 months on the regimen before adding additional masks/products.

I assume the point of the generous portions of BP, moisturizer, and cleanser are so we are not having to rub our faces and therefore irritate the acne. It looks goopy for a while on my face and then after the 15 minutes is absorbed.

Best of luck! All of these systems and products can be so frustrating!!!! I literally am keeping Dan's directions near the products so I am actually following them somewhat.