Notifications
Clear all

9Th Week - Help!

MemberMember
(@almanac)

Posted : 09/23/2013 6:53 pm

Hi everyone, I've been on the regimen for 8 weeks now, and am currently on my 9th.

To give you a little background: I'm 22 years old, female, and I was suffering from moderate acne. I was put on Accutane when I was 16. That cleared up my acne and I had clear skin for years til I started to break out a little when I was 20. My doctor prescribed me antibiotics and it kept my skin clear for a year until I broke out again because my body started getting used to it. So since then my acne had worsened. So I finally started the regimen towards the end of July this year.

My routine morning and night: I cleanse my face with Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser, apply 2 full pumps of BP, use moisturiser with jojoba oil.

I was using the Olay Complete Lotion as my moisturiser because I was too afraid to try anything else, plus it had spf for day. But for the past few days I switched to Invite E Vitamin E Cream, which is a very thick and heavy moisturiser I used to use when I was on Accutane and when I had clear skin. The reason for my recent switch is because even though I've been using 2 pumps of BP for a few weeks now, only recently I've started to experience the extreme dryness and flaking. The top layer of my skin is extremely dry and tight, making it look a bit wrinkly, and I would especially feel the dryness around my mouth, where it flakes the most. The skin around my mouth is just extremely rough. I'm surprised that I'm only experiencing it now, just when I completed 8 weeks, when before I did experience dryness but it wasn't as bad. THe moisturise helps a little bit, but I would always need to reapply once or twice during the day, and when I wake up in the morning my face is completely dried out. Is there something else I can do alleviate the dryness? Or do I have to wait it out? Would using AHA help?

I am pretty much clear, no new break outs which I'm very happy about, although for the duration of the regimen my face has been red and tanned. I don't use Dan's moisturiser, which I read is what people attribute their tan with. Would AHA also help with that?

Hope you guys can help!

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 09/23/2013 9:46 pm

Congrats on getting clear! Best feeling ever! :)

I would definitely recommend the AHA. It helps with the dry flaky skin and also with red marks left behind by the acne.

I don't use Dan's moisturizer either, I use the Cetaphil moisturizing cream/lotion and I've found those to be the only ones to really help keep my face feeling soft. I do only use it during my night time routine because its too thick for the morning.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 09/24/2013 2:34 am

I'm not sure why people report that they go yellow (or tanned) using Dan's moisturiser. I am so pale but it didnt cause my face to go yellow, well not that I noticed anyway. saywhat.gif

Congrats on getting clear and reaching 8 weeks following the regimen. I highly recommend that you introduce AHA, which will really help with dryness and overall appearance of your skin.

Good luck! :)

MemberMember
(@almanac)

Posted : 09/27/2013 1:41 am

Thank you for your quick responses! I really appreciate it. I haven't used the AHA yet, but since posting, my flakes have almost disappeared and most areas of my face are not as rough anymore. I do still notice the dry, tight layer of skin on my face though, and I plan on starting AHA in a couple of days. I ordered the product a week ago but wanted to use it the night before I have a day off so I can avoid the sun. I'm hoping I don't get any adverse reactions to it, as I understand this could be a possible HG product!