Foundation On The R...

Notifications
Clear all

Foundation On The Regimen?

MemberMember
(@sarahsnow)

Posted : 09/21/2013 11:53 pm

Hi guys, My kit is in the mail, and Im looking forward to giving this a try. I am planning on buying new foundation ( I dont feel comfortable going bare skinned at work, or I would). Now, I normally go with powder and was going to look for an all natural sort of gentle foundation powder. Buuuut, I'm sure I will get dry and flakey so now Im considering liquid. Bottom line, Im confused.

Any tips on makeup ladies?

What foundation do you wear?

Thanks!!

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 09/22/2013 3:18 am

everything you need to know about makeup on the regimen smile.png

http://www.acne.org/makeup.html

But yes you will want to avoid powder, once you start getting flakey its a nasty combo. Try not to get too frustrated when your makeup doesnt look perfect because when your skin is dry youll find makeup accentuates the flakes to an extent - try to just use your fingers to gently pat the foundation on so you dont disturb the flakes too much. Make sure your foundation doesnt contain alcohol or anything drying because it really contributes to dryness.

MemberMember
(@calumma)

Posted : 09/22/2013 7:37 am

After over 2o years of experience with BP and make up, I can add some tipps.

As soon as you can add AHA to it, the skin will be much easier to handle in terms of make up. Best for me regarding covering abilities and stretchiness of make up ( so is does not appear all wrinkly and flaky) was Toleriane Teint Fluid from LRP. Take a very small amount, spread it over your fresh cleaned palms until you have a very thin layer between your heands. Keep your palms touching for a few seconds so the make up gets warmer and more fluid. Then lay your palms on your face on the worst affected areas that need most coverage,and again let it melt onto into your skin for a few seconds. Then use your palms to slightly pad it onto the rest of your face. Repeat if nevessary. Totally avoid any side- to side movement while your hands touch the face, it will cause the skin to flake and look gross. You can use a good fixation powder after it. But rather dust it onto the skin than really brush it in.

Personally, I made bad experiences with loose mineral powder foundations. First of all, the use of the needed kabuki brush caused my skin to flake, it was also irritating for the face and the mica that is added made me break out.

The avene couvrance products are also good for acne prone skin, but the LRP worked better for me in combination with BP.

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 09/22/2013 10:20 am

After over 2o years of experience with BP and make up, I can add some tipps.

As soon as you can add AHA to it, the skin will be much easier to handle in terms of make up. Best for me regarding covering abilities and stretchiness of make up ( so is does not appear all wrinkly and flaky) was Toleriane Teint Fluid from LRP. Take a very small amount, spread it over your fresh cleaned palms until you have a very thin layer between your heands. Keep your palms touching for a few seconds so the make up gets warmer and more fluid. Then lay your palms on your face on the worst affected areas that need most coverage,and again let it melt onto into your skin for a few seconds. Then use your palms to slightly pad it onto the rest of your face. Repeat if nevessary. Totally avoid any side- to side movement while your hands touch the face, it will cause the skin to flake and look gross. You can use a good fixation powder after it. But rather dust it onto the skin than really brush it in.

Personally, I made bad experiences with loose mineral powder foundations. First of all, the use of the needed kabuki brush caused my skin to flake, it was also irritating for the face and the mica that is added made me break out.

The avene couvrance products are also good for acne prone skin, but the LRP worked better for me in combination with BP.

I was thinking about trying the Toleriane Teint, what shade do you use? And whats the coverage like? I'm currently using Vichy Dermablend but I want something with a little less coverage for all over

MemberMember
(@emilyt)

Posted : 09/22/2013 10:54 am

I know you said you don't want a powder, but I switched to Bare Minerals while going on the Regimen and I could feel the flakes but not really see them, which was a great improvement from the flakes I had while using proactiv.

MemberMember
(@calumma)

Posted : 09/22/2013 12:15 pm

I am very pale so I use shade 11. I don't know if they are called differently in the US ( I am from germany). The coverance depends on the amount U use. If I use my padding technique once, the coverage is medium, if I apply two layers, it has very cood coverage. You can easily use only one thin layer on the clear parts of your skin and 2 or 3 on the areas with more acne. The areas that let the skin shine through make the face much more naturally looking.

The dermablemd did not work on my face, I don't know why. It always gave me that " caking" effect.

Oh and of all make ups I have tried, the Toleriane really never had a bad influence on my acne!

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 09/22/2013 8:38 pm

I quit makeup around the first 6-7 weeks on the regimen. Just applying liquid foundation and powder made everything look like a dry, flaky mess.

I just opted for a tinted sunblock from Clinique. It didn't provide a lot of coverage but my face was so uncomfotable that I didn't care.

Going into my 4th month was when I went back to my liquid foundation. I use Revlon Colorstay for Oily/Combo skin. A lot of mixed review on this products but I love it and it isn't too expensive.

MemberMember
(@carebear06)

Posted : 09/22/2013 10:39 pm

I dont know why, but this has been a really big issue for me :( I've been home for 3 months now ( since i started the regimen ) and so far i love that i'm home most of the time during the day so i wear no makeup whatsoever.

However I did find that ANY make up ( liquid or powder ) made my face look like a hotttt MESS! the flakes were more visible ..and it just looked untidy lol.

I hate it. This morning i decided not to wear any ( trip to the airport & back ) jst sunscreen ...& i felt really uncomfy.

I'm starting work soon so i wana look presentable ..

Currently i have no definite make up ( powder/foundation ) & honestly i dont need a foundation.

But i do have a MAC studio fix powder and some bare minerals in my make up bag. Oh and a concealer ( MAC )

whew! I'll try the way Calumma suggested & see how that goes. I wana buy a tinted moisturizer too ..and cut everything else out.

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 09/24/2013 12:50 pm

I like to use Make Up For Ever HD foundation along with the primer (in #1). It's considered medium coverage but I like it because it can be light coverage if you use very little and stipple it on with a brush, or if you want full coverage, it builds really well. But if you're gonna go with liquid, make sure you use a primer! Makes all the difference in the world, especially when your skin's flakey I find.

MemberMember
(@bja87)

Posted : 09/24/2013 10:08 pm

I like to use Make Up For Ever HD foundation along with the primer (in #1). It's considered medium coverage but I like it because it can be light coverage if you use very little and stipple it on with a brush, or if you want full coverage, it builds really well. But if you're gonna go with liquid, make sure you use a primer! Makes all the difference in the world, especially when your skin's flakey I find.

I'm really wanting to try this make up out eventually.. I haven't been wearing make up for almost two months as my face is a mess right now so when it calms down (hopefully it will) I want to try this out... I'm just wondering though do you use the bp when applying makeup? I'm just concerned that bp, mousturizer then a primer and makeup is a lot of crap on my face. Is this what you do? I'm just so certain that when I try this it's not going to go on well with all the stuff I have to apply to my face.

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 09/24/2013 11:42 pm

I'm really wanting to try this make up out eventually.. I haven't been wearing make up for almost two months as my face is a mess right now so when it calms down (hopefully it will) I want to try this out... I'm just wondering though do you use the bp when applying makeup? I'm just concerned that bp, mousturizer then a primer and makeup is a lot of crap on my face. Is this what you do? I'm just so certain that when I try this it's not going to go on well with all the stuff I have to apply to my face.

I actually don't use BP in my routine anymore because my skin became allergic to it recently (after 5+ years of use!). While I was using BP though, I never used it underneath my makeup. I think it's kind hard to wear makeup on top of it, and since I could get away with only using BP at night, I opted to do that. I know some users on this site wear makeup on top though, so maybe you should test it out? Make Up For Ever's liquid foundation is really smooth so I think it should work okay :) Let me know how it goes!

MemberMember
(@bja87)

Posted : 09/25/2013 12:28 am

I actually don't use BP in my routine anymore because my skin became allergic to it recently (after 5+ years of use!). While I was using BP though, I never used it underneath my makeup. I think it's kind hard to wear makeup on top of it, and since I could get away with only using BP at night, I opted to do that. I know some users on this site wear makeup on top though, so maybe you should test it out? Make Up For Ever's liquid foundation is really smooth so I think it should work okay :) Let me know how it goes!

Awesome thanks for you help! I'm hoping once I clear up a bit better I'll be able to wear bp only at night! I'm really excited to try out the make up forever I have heard such good things about it!! Do you use their brand of primer? If not what do you use/ do you have any recommendations for dry/ flakey but at the same time oily since I have to mousturiser the crap out of it lol thank you!!

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 09/26/2013 8:29 am

I actually don't use BP in my routine anymore because my skin became allergic to it recently (after 5+ years of use!). While I was using BP though, I never used it underneath my makeup. I think it's kind hard to wear makeup on top of it, and since I could get away with only using BP at night, I opted to do that. I know some users on this site wear makeup on top though, so maybe you should test it out? Make Up For Ever's liquid foundation is really smooth so I think it should work okay smile.png Let me know how it goes!

Awesome thanks for you help! I'm hoping once I clear up a bit better I'll be able to wear bp only at night! I'm really excited to try out the make up forever I have heard such good things about it!! Do you use their brand of primer? If not what do you use/ do you have any recommendations for dry/ flakey but at the same time oily since I have to mousturiser the crap out of it lol thank you!!

I use their brand of primer in #1 which is the green one, good for concealing redness especially since I have a lot of PIH. My skin got pretty flakey when I had that weird allergic reaction, but the MUFE primer truly goes on so smoothly. It's a little pricey but worth every penny imo. I have oily skin too! I use the MUFE microfinish powder and cover FX matte-finishing powder interchangeably, though I personally prefer the latter. Idk what sort of moisturser you're using but I use Cetaphil's Dermacontrol oil-absorbing moisturiser with spf 30 when I wear makeup and it definitely helps with the oiliness while still keeping my face hydrated.

MemberMember
(@real-maverick)

Posted : 09/26/2013 3:44 pm

I personally didn't like Toleriane Teint, which was surprising because I generally like products by La roche Posay. I hated the fragrance and felt that it made my skin a little red, maybe due to the fragrance?

A really great product for evening skin tone is the NEW Dermablend foundation. The old one was too thick, but the new version is good stuff and doesn't irritate, hides redness brilliantly and a little goes a long way.

You can get it in Boots for about 12.50 and it lasts forever.

MemberMember
(@almanac)

Posted : 09/27/2013 1:54 am

I'm also on the hunt for a new foundation to use on the regimen.

I've used makeup only ONCE so far during the regimen (I've been on it for 9 weeks) because it was a special occasion and I wanted to cover up my redness. I noticed how bad it looked on my skin. The dryness of my skin made the foundation look flakey and splotchy. However, I didn't use a primer and it was really early in the regimen. I'm sure primer would make the foundation look better, although I know it's hard to find the right primer for acne-prone skin folks. I've been doing my research though and it looks like the Laura Mercier Hydrating Primer might be worth checking out.

MemberMember
(@calumma)

Posted : 09/27/2013 3:58 pm

That is strange, the toleriane foundation here smells like nothing at all. Really, no scent.I used this one : http://www.larocheposay.de/Produkte-Behandlungen/Toleriane-Teint/Toleriane-Teint-p5812.aspx

No perfumes listed on the ingredents list as well.

I hope it is OK I linked that, i just wanted to know if it is the same product in europe and US we are talking about. If not I will delete it.

MemberMember
(@real-maverick)

Posted : 09/27/2013 6:33 pm

Sorry, you're right, I was thinking of their Hydreane BB Cream! Which does have a fragrance.

The Toleriane foundation doesn't have a fragrance. It used to be called "corrective fluid foundation" and was my number 1 choice, but since they switched to the new "ultra workable formula", something in it doesn't agree with my skin. But then I'm not a good candidate as my skin is ridiculously sensitive. But they are generally a good brand.

MemberMember
(@calumma)

Posted : 09/28/2013 2:15 am

Yes I do not like that new ultra-stretcheable foundation as much as the old one ( still ok for me, but ,y skin is not sensitive at all) Now I am happy because spiro started to work and I only need to use my mac concealer on 2 red marks and then put a little powder on for refined pores look . The old toleriane was a blast!

MemberMember
(@real-maverick)

Posted : 09/28/2013 5:12 am

Yeah the old one was perfect in every way for me. The day they changed it I was gutted. At least at the point I realised an ingredient in it made me red.

Obviously as a guy, I want to use something pretty much undetectable but having such sensitive skin makes finding the perfect foundation so much harder. The Dermablend is the closest I have found thus far.