Abandoning The Regi...

Notifications
Clear all

Abandoning The Regimen And Flaky/dry Skin

MemberMember
(@bubblee2)

Posted : 07/04/2013 6:22 pm

Hi all,

I have very mild acne. I almost never get cystic acne and my acne breakouts are hormonal (they flare up before my period) and consist only of a few whiteheads. Recently, I've been trying new makeup which made my acne a bit worse. Instead of doing the smart thing and going back to a simpler routine, I freaked out and started doing research on all these different acne cures when I stumbled upon the regimen. I had an almost-full tube of Persa-Gel 5 (5% BP) so I decided to get started on it.

I noticed that basically 90% of my acne disappeared within the first week, which is great. The only thing is, I cannot continue this regimen as it has basically destroyed the texture of my skin. I know everyone is saying dryness and flaking is normal and one will habituate themselves after 2-3 months but I simply can't take it! I would rather deal with my very mild acne rather than deal with flaky skin that looks like crap. I came off the BP right away and my acne hasn't come back but my skin remains extremely flaky and dry.

Please recommend exfoliating agents/methods that will not irritate my skin. I am currently trying out the Cerave face wash and lotion which seem to be okay (though I am considering switching the lotion for my old-faithful, Clinique Moisture Surge). I do NOT wish to try the Jojoba oil exfoliating method.

Thank you

Sarah L.

MemberMember
(@theonethatgotaway)

Posted : 07/05/2013 12:33 am

Why do you not wish to try jojoba oil? It helped me with my problem. And no, the initial breakout after using it will last for one night if that's your major concern.

MemberMember
(@bubblee2)

Posted : 07/05/2013 11:17 am

Why do you not wish to try jojoba oil? It helped me with my problem. And no, the initial breakout after using it will last for one night if that's your major concern.

My skin is sensitive, it doesn't respond well to oils. I tried the oil cleansing method before and that broke me out like nothing else.

Fortunately, today is day 3 with no BP and my skin is looking a LOT better. Only the smallest flaking remains and only on my chin area. The dryness is mostly gone too. I expect that within the week my skin will be back to its happy, normal self =D