Moving From Tretino...

Notifications
Clear all

Moving From Tretinoin To The Regimen

MemberMember
(@fhc)

Posted : 06/20/2013 2:57 am

I used to have a lot of cystic acne. I managed to clear it with some glycolic acid peels, Milk Thistle(don't take this seriously as I had a very nasty liver problem, which caused my whole body to work incorrectly) and tretinoin(used 3 times a week).

For reasons that go far beyond muscle growth, I'm on 500MG of testosterone a week. In the beginning, everything was fine. About 5 months later, acne came back like it used to be. The problem is that I was working 12 hours a day and I didn't pay attention to my skin. If I had treated it in the begining, everything would be easier.

So, I started applying a 0.025% tretinoin gel and taking 500k UI of vitamin A daily. Vitamin A is just fine, it does make my skin less oily. It probably doesn't work the way it should because I'm on T shoots. And along with my hormonal panel, I also get liver and lipid tests. So I'm really not worried about its side effects. So far, so good!

The problem is that tretinoin was making me break out like crazy. I know it does it in the beginning, but I think there are other ways to clear up acne for good. I don't have acne in the face because I got a lot of glycolic acid peels on it and have almost no blackheads. I only have body acne. The problem is that my body's skin is so thick that even unbuffered glycolic acid doesn't work very well.

So I started taking tetracycline. It's the first week and I'm on 500MG three times a day. In next week I will start taking 500MG twice a day. I plan on taking it for 4 to 6 months. I also started using a 10% benzoyl peroxide cream. My acne is already responding to this treatment. The goal is to keep my skin clear until I remove the excess of blackheads. I'm doing some manual extraction. I remove about 60 blackheads everyday. Some get inflamed, but most not. And when they do, inflammation quickly goes away. All I have to do is to pop it. I was wondering if there's any product that could remove blackheads. I know tretinoin does it and so does glycolic and salicylic acid. I think that maybe if I apply a 10% glycolic acid + 4% salicylic acid after applying benzoyl peroxide every night, it would help me to clear the blackheads slowly. Do you guys think this would work? Or there's a better alternative?

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@catalyst)

Posted : 06/22/2013 4:35 pm

I suggest stick to your regimen and don't do anything different. And don't pop your pimples let them go get small on there own.

I know it's hard but don't pop em.