Notifications
Clear all

Aquaphor Over Bp?

MemberMember
(@ducky8989)

Posted : 04/30/2013 11:01 pm

So I am in my third week of the regimen. I was clear for over 2 years after I did accutane but sadly this spring my acne has come back... and since the side effects were so bad (i had hair loss!) I'm hoping to find an alternative to doing a second course. I have definitely been seeing my skin clear up pretty rapidly on the regimen so far but the dryness and flaking is RIDICULOUS.

While I was on accutane I used to mix aquaphor into my moisturizer in addition to jojoba oil when I had really bad dryness. It was literally a LIFE SAVER. I'm wondering if anyone has tried using aquaphor for dryness on the regimen?

Aquaphor is very heavy/greasy so I'm wondering if it might somehow interfere with the effectiveness of the BP or something. But I also feel like as long as I give the BP a good 15-20 minutes to soak in really really well before I apply the aquaphor it probably shouldn't be a problem?

I did a search on this and was shocked that no one else has mentioned aquaphor with the regimen... it is such a miracle for dry skin....

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 04/30/2013 11:52 pm

I guess it depends on the ingredients of aquaphor as to whether it will react well with BP. Personally I would suggest that you don't interfere with the regimen instructions and just stick to whats recommended, at least until you are completely clear.

In a couple of weeks (or earlier if you've got over the redness and irritation of BP) you could introduce AHA into the regimen which will really help with dryness and flaking.

tychowalk liked
MemberMember
(@ducky8989)

Posted : 05/01/2013 11:02 am

I guess it depends on the ingredients of aquaphor as to whether it will react well with BP. Personally I would suggest that you don't interfere with the regimen instructions and just stick to whats recommended, at least until you are completely clear.

In a couple of weeks (or earlier if you've got over the redness and irritation of BP) you could introduce AHA into the regimen which will really help with dryness and flaking.

Ok thanks, anyone else have any thoughts?

MemberMember
(@ducky8989)

Posted : 05/02/2013 11:15 am

WOW!!! So I have been doing this for the past 2 days: I apply the BP, wait 15 or 20 minutes and then apply my moisturizer with less than a dime size amount of aquaphor mixed in and 5-6 drops of jojoba oil and it has COMPLETELY eliminated my flakiness!

Incredble, because I had awful flaking and dryness all over my face that the jojoba and moisturizer alone seemed to be doing nothing for! And so far no new breakouts, and it actually seems the aquaphor is helping old stuff heal better!

Now my makeup looks normal again instead of super cakey over the flakes and my foundation glides on easily. THANK GOD!!!