Has Anyone Come Off...

Notifications
Clear all

Has Anyone Come Off The Regimen Successfully?

MemberMember
(@aa1)

Posted : 04/24/2013 1:55 am

Hey

I'm quitting the regimen as its doing no good for my skin and working out so expensive as I live in the UK

Has anyone managed to quit with no side effects?

MemberMember
(@maplesyrupmama)

Posted : 04/24/2013 2:11 am

Several years ago I started using BP to get rid of acne I started getting on my cheeks and nose. I didn't know anything about "the regimen" or acne.com for that matter, but I only used BP as a treatment and not really as a preventative. It helped to clear up my skin and as my skin got better, I stopped using it and the acne never did return in those areas (I have different trouble zones now!).

I should point out that my acne was fairly mild and that particular breakout was unusual for me and had only been going on for a matter of weeks before I started using BP, so maybe it would have cleared up eventually on its own anyway.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 04/25/2013 8:25 pm

I know for some people acne jus trandomly goes away. So they try going off any treatment and they stay clear, for some people the acne comes back right away, for some it takes a few weeks or months. I guess it is different for everybody.

MemberMember
(@puffyeyes)

Posted : 04/25/2013 10:53 pm

Has anyone had an allergic reaction to the benzoyl peroxide?

I used for 5 months with great success only to suddenly have allergic reaction with any amount of bp. My eyes get red, wrinkle, itchy and puffy (very) and neck itchy and red. I've had to take steroids to relieve the symptoms. Trying to understand what's going on. If anyone has had similar reaction would love to hear about it.

MemberMember
(@angie82)

Posted : 05/01/2013 4:42 am

Has anyone had an allergic reaction to the benzoyl peroxide?

I used for 5 months with great success only to suddenly have allergic reaction with any amount of bp. My eyes get red, wrinkle, itchy and puffy (very) and neck itchy and red. I've had to take steroids to relieve the symptoms. Trying to understand what's going on. If anyone has had similar reaction would love to hear about it.

I have been on the regimen now for about 6 weeks and I too have very dry sore skin around my eyes and an itchy red neck. I find it very odd as I take great care to not get any BP on these areas so dont really understand how its causing a reaction. I am applying E45 around my eyes and Aqueous cream to my neck which helps to calm the skin a lot. Other than that the regimen is working is great for me 🙂