Clear Of Acne But S...

Notifications
Clear all

Clear Of Acne But Still Not Happy With Results

MemberMember
(@brf7)

Posted : 04/20/2013 10:17 pm

I've been using the regimen for almost 4 months now and it's cleared mostly all of my acne. I don't have any pimples but still have little bumps on my chin and forehead though that won't seem to go away. I still don't like my skin though. I've been clear for most almost 2 months while using the regimen and my skin is red and it just looks raw. It's not that even shade I want it to be or smooth. I have these little lines under my eyes that have faded a little because I've been using AHA. What should I do? I'm still using a fingers length of BP even though I have no acne. Should I cut down and see if that starts to help. Maybe BP once a day using a fingers length? I don't know. What helped you get even clearer after you got rid of your acne?

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 04/20/2013 11:58 pm

Yes, I would cut down to once a day. Do that for a week or two, and if your acne does not return, go down to using the BP as a spot treatment. That should take care of the redness. But be careful.

(@LewisS)

Posted : 04/21/2013 4:09 am

The regimen is a double-edged sword. You will be completely clear of acne by following the regimen to the T, but your skin will never be perfect whilst applying BP to it.

I got clear using the regimen, but I had constant irritated areas and creases in my skin no matter how much I moisturised and stuck with it. The regimen isn't for everyone.

MemberMember
(@auguriesofinnocence)

Posted : 04/21/2013 4:30 am

hi, I had good results with the regimen without ever using anywhere near the amount of bp as it recommends.

I tried that in the beginning but it was just too much/irritating, plus my gave felt goopy as if it never really absorbed in. I only ever used at most, a nickel-sized amount of bp and less moisturiser than that and had clear skin in a few weeks. Id also recommend you dont wait in between washing/drying/adding products. For me, applying the products one after another caused less irritation.

I also agree with the other poster, you may only need this at night or a few times perk week.

This worked for me well until my hormones got out of control, and I went on yaz and herbal supplements. Im now pretty much clear even if I dont use anything, but I still use bp once in a while 'just in case". Old habits die hard.lol.

ps if youre male and shave that adds to irritation, some people find shaving less frequently or even with warmed olive oil is less irritating too.

MemberMember
(@brf7)

Posted : 04/21/2013 9:29 am

Thank you all for your replies. I think I'm going to only apply BP at night. How should i do my regimen then? Cleanse in the shower and then moisturize. Also, I do shave, I'll try Olive Oil or maybe even the Jojoba Oil to see if that helps.

MemberMember
(@manticore)

Posted : 04/22/2013 11:01 am

hi, I had good results with the regimen without ever using anywhere near the amount of bp as it recommends.

I tried that in the beginning but it was just too much/irritating, plus my gave felt goopy as if it never really absorbed in. I only ever used at most, a nickel-sized amount of bp and less moisturiser than that and had clear skin in a few weeks. Id also recommend you dont wait in between washing/drying/adding products. For me, applying the products one after another caused less irritation.

I also agree with the other poster, you may only need this at night or a few times perk week.

This worked for me well until my hormones got out of control, and I went on yaz and herbal supplements. Im now pretty much clear even if I dont use anything, but I still use bp once in a while 'just in case". Old habits die hard.lol.

ps if youre male and shave that adds to irritation, some people find shaving less frequently or even with warmed olive oil is less irritating too.

I agree. I only used the smallest amount possible to spread thinly over my face.

I don't see any reason to keep applying the full amount after you are clear, particularly if is causing redness.

Once I was clear I only used BP once or twice a week (I still do) as a maintainance course.

MemberMember
(@real-maverick)

Posted : 04/22/2013 11:19 am

Try to reduce the amount of BP you're using, see if that helps.

Perhaps either try a different moisturizer OR use more of the moisturizer you're currently using. A few drops of Jojoba can REALLY help.

Are you using AHA with it? If so, I would stop immediately and just use the BP for now.

It may even be worth trying a different brand of BP, some can cause more irritation than others.

I'd even consider using some kind of cosmetic to help reduce the appearance of redness. Clinique do a redness relief powder that you just dust over your face, it helps reduce redness and shine. Shine can really exaggerate the appearance of bumps, so reducing that can really help.

MemberMember
(@brf7)

Posted : 04/22/2013 7:32 pm

Perhaps either try a different moisturizer OR use more of the moisturizer you're currently using. A few drops of Jojoba can REALLY help.

Are you using AHA with it? If so, I would stop immediately and just use the BP for now.

It may even be worth trying a different brand of BP, some can cause more irritation than others.

I'd even consider using some kind of cosmetic to help reduce the appearance of redness. Clinique do a redness relief powder that you just dust over your face, it helps reduce redness and shine. Shine can really exaggerate the appearance of bumps, so reducing that can really help.

Yeah I already started reducing the amount of BP. I am using AHA, because I was told that will help the redness and uneven skin tone.

Also, is the Clinique Powder only for women? I'm a guy and I'm struggling with shine so you really caught my interest.

Which one would be the one to get: http://www.clinique.com/cms/product/franchise/skincare_redness_mpp.tmpl

MemberMember
(@real-maverick)

Posted : 04/23/2013 3:10 am

AHA can be a great addition but it's definitely not something I would add if your skin is still red and sore.

I would 100% stop with the AHA for now and maybe add only to spot treat. I'm pretty sure to skin that's already sensitive, AHA will only make you redder and sorer.

Work on getting your redness under control, so little less BP, extra moisture and anything else like Jojoba will all help.

The powder from Clinique is translucent and won't be detectable but will help hide redness and shine. Don't get me wrong, it's not going to completely hide it but it will help a little.

If you were feeling brave, you could use a tiny bit of something like Dermablend. Its a camouflage makeup but using a little tiny bit and spread very thinly on your face would really help hide redness and be pretty much undetectable too. But I realise not everybody would be comfortable using something like that.

MemberMember
(@auguriesofinnocence)

Posted : 04/24/2013 4:47 am

hi, yes, Id cleanse, shave and then moisturise. perhaps its best to just use bp at night when you havent just shaved. Jojoba oil is good too, I use it in my hair it isnt greasy at all.

Theres nothing wrong with guys wearing powder/concealer, in fact all celebrities and newspeople do on tv male or female. You can get samples ffrom the make up counters, Clinique will give you small amounts to try for free. If youre embarassed just say its for your girlfriend (as long as you dont wear lots of eyeshadow and lip gloss youll be fine lol...)

I just found a great product called cc cream from Clinique it evens out skintone and has spf and supposedly reduces red marks/sunspots over time. I dont usually wear make up as I dont have acne at this point but if Im going somewhere special or getting pics taken I use this.

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 04/24/2013 8:40 am

Just be careful w/what cover up you use as acne prone skin is sensitive to certain chemicals. Consider Almay's tinted moisturizer or a mineral makeup, as they are less likely to irritate acne prone/sensitive skin... :)