No Acne, But Drynes...

Notifications
Clear all

No Acne, But Dryness And Redness

MemberMember
(@brf7)

Posted : 03/30/2013 5:40 pm

I've been using The Regimen for a little over 2 1/2 months and I can gladly say that I have no acne. Besides some small bumps that are hardly noticeable. But I'm still trying to get rid of the redness. Is the AHA supposed to help the redness too? I know its supposed to help the dryness/flakiness but it doesnt seem like its helping me reduce the red spots on my face which is what I want gone the most.

I've been using the AHA every other night for about a week and a half now. Some times I wake up with more dryness than the day before, so I'm wondering that maybe my skin isn't used to it yet. But it doesn't seem to sting that long like it used to, so then that changes my perspective on where I stand with the AHA.

Does anyone have any solutions that helped them get rid of the redness after all their acne was gone? Thanks

MemberMember
(@celery)

Posted : 03/30/2013 6:01 pm

AHA doesn't help the redness, it'll actually make you more red. Temporary redness but you'll still get really red

All the AHA does is exfoliate your skin so you can get rid of dead skin cells and can resurface new ones. It's pretty strong so you should only do it 2-3 times a week

MemberMember
(@lostinthefog87)

Posted : 03/30/2013 7:28 pm

Use less product, or use it once a day or every other day.

Or, find a noncomedogenic moisturizer and use it liberally throughout the day. Really look up the product ingredients though, any brand can say their product is noncomedogenic because that word isn't at all regulated by the FDA or what not. A lot of these topicals, moisturizers, cleansers and what not are filled with sulfates and other ingredients that are highly irritating and toxic.

MemberMember
(@brf7)

Posted : 03/30/2013 8:26 pm

Use less product, or use it once a day or every other day.

Or, find a noncomedogenic moisturizer and use it liberally throughout the day. Really look up the product ingredients though, any brand can say their product is noncomedogenic because that word isn't at all regulated by the FDA or what not. A lot of these topicals, moisturizers, cleansers and what not are filled with sulfates and other ingredients that are highly irritating and toxic.

I do use it every other day, only at night. Honestly, I think I'm just going to get rid of the AHA. I'll just see if Jojoba Oil will do the trick.