Notifications
Clear all

No Man's Land

MemberMember
(@leaudclub)

Posted : 02/21/2013 11:16 am

So my regimen for nearly 5 months was BP twice daily, coupled with a low glycemic index diet. Cleared me up 100% except for the red leftover marks. However, due to the following reasons, about a month ago I stopped it altogether:

1. I decided Dan's regimen was too much of a hassle. Sure it cleared me up but it came with the price of red and blotchy, very often flaky skin. Not a hundred times better than acne.

2. Low GI diet made me lose 10 kg, which, given my already skinny physique, was just unacceptable. I have no problem cutting out sweets and alcohol, but without breads, potatoes and rice I feel starved 24/7

Now I have decided to go on Accutane, but there's one little problem... even though I've been off the regimen for almost a month, my skin isn't nearly half as bad as it used to be prior to starting the regimen, STILL it's too far from clear for me not to be taking any measures. I do want to go on Acc now, but I feel like I might regret it later on.. what do you think I should do? Maybe wait another month until my acne gets worse and pull the trigger with accutane? Go on a lower dose of accutane? I've been thinking, what if it doesn't get worse and I have to go back to BP because there's just nothing else to do.. Looking back, I almost hate the thought of having to deal with the cons of BP again.

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 02/21/2013 2:57 pm

Some people have success in using BP every 2 or 3 days, you could try that and see if it keeps you clear without the irritation?

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/02/2013 9:11 am

So my regimen for nearly 5 months was BP twice daily, coupled with a low glycemic index diet. Cleared me up 100% except for the red leftover marks. However, due to the following reasons, about a month ago I stopped it altogether:

1. I decided Dan's regimen was too much of a hassle. Sure it cleared me up but it came with the price of red and blotchy, very often flaky skin. Not a hundred times better than acne.

2. Low GI diet made me lose 10 kg, which, given my already skinny physique, was just unacceptable. I have no problem cutting out sweets and alcohol, but without breads, potatoes and rice I feel starved 24/7

Now I have decided to go on Accutane, but there's one little problem... even though I've been off the regimen for almost a month, my skin isn't nearly half as bad as it used to be prior to starting the regimen, STILL it's too far from clear for me not to be taking any measures. I do want to go on Acc now, but I feel like I might regret it later on.. what do you think I should do? Maybe wait another month until my acne gets worse and pull the trigger with accutane? Go on a lower dose of accutane? I've been thinking, what if it doesn't get worse and I have to go back to BP because there's just nothing else to do.. Looking back, I almost hate the thought of having to deal with the cons of BP again.

Did you ever try incorporating jojoba oil with your moisturizer after putting the BP? I find it helps with the flakes a lot! And how about trying the AHA? I find that it lightens the red marks really quickly.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 03/02/2013 12:59 pm

The irritation will go away after a while. But if the issue is you think it's too much of a hassle, I can't help you there. Personally, I really enjoy doing the regimen. I look forward to those two periods of my day. I find it really pampering to go through the steps and care for my skin. But skincare and beauty have always been a huge obsession of mine.

I feel it's a bit insane to consider a highly controversial internal medication that could possibly have some terrible side effects when you've already found that diet and topicals work for you... Accutane is only for VERY severe cases that have not responded to any other form of treatment.

MemberMember
(@leaudclub)

Posted : 03/03/2013 5:43 pm

thanks for the replies guys, think I'm gonna give BP another chance

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/04/2013 4:39 am

The irritation will go away after a while. But if the issue is you think it's too much of a hassle, I can't help you there. Personally, I really enjoy doing the regimen. I look forward to those two periods of my day. I find it really pampering to go through the steps and care for my skin. But skincare and beauty have always been a huge obsession of mine.

I feel it's a bit insane to consider a highly controversial internal medication that could possibly have some terrible side effects when you've already found that diet and topicals work for you... Accutane is only for VERY severe cases that have not responded to any other form of treatment.

Liked reading this post! Same as you, I actually really enjoy doing the regimen. It might sound weird but I feel like I know I'm getting the clear skin because I am putting the effort in. I hope I don't get lazy with it. I've been on it for 7 weeks now.