Almost 4 Years Of R...

Notifications
Clear all

Almost 4 Years Of Regimen

MemberMember
(@tiesto)

Posted : 02/17/2013 2:44 am

Hey guys, i have been using the regimen since i was 16, I'm now 19. Is crazy how time flies, is also crazy how after you get clear you stop using these boards. I just wanted to say that I am so thankful I found this regimen.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/01/2013 10:23 pm

Hey guys, i have been using the regimen since i was 16, I'm now 19. Is crazy how time flies, is also crazy how after you get clear you stop using these boards. I just wanted to say that I am so thankful I found this regimen.

Have you stayed clear all this time?

I am a new regimen follower. I have been on it for a little over a month. My skin looks and feels so much better...but from past experiences and past products and medications I tend to have this mentality that it won't last forever. I'm hoping Dan's regimen changes that.

MemberMember
(@darkheart)

Posted : 03/02/2013 12:18 am

I am a new regimen follower. I have been on it for a little over a month. My skin looks and feels so much better...but from past experiences and past products and medications I tend to have this mentality that it won't last forever. I'm hoping Dan's regimen changes that.

I'm glad you're improving. Please switch to the Cetaphil "gentle skin" cleanser over the normal to oily skin one - you'll have better results and your face will be smoother. Also throw that St. Ives scrub in the garbage (I used to use this too, my biggest mistake) as exfoliating manually with grainy particles creates micro tears in the skin and makes acne more inflammatory. You might also like Garnier "gel cream" better than the clinique one as it absorbs faster into the skin (very hydrating) and wears great under makeup.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/02/2013 12:47 am

I'm glad you're improving. Please switch to the Cetaphil "gentle skin" cleanser over the normal to oily skin one - you'll have better results and your face will be smoother. Also throw that St. Ives scrub in the garbage (I used to use this too, my biggest mistake) as exfoliating manually with grainy particles creates micro tears in the skin and makes acne more inflammatory. You might also like Garnier "gel cream" better than the clinique one as it absorbs faster into the skin (very hydrating) and wears great under makeup.

I will actually be switching to the Cetaphil gentle cleanser. I just didn't want to waste the one I had. It is working fine, but yes, I hear greater things about the Gentle cleanser. As for the scrub, I know the regimen says it is not great for your skin that is why i try to do it as gently as humanly possible. No inflammation or irritation so far. The garnier gel cream I haven't noticed that in my country..I will try to be on the look out for that. I love my clinique, but it is crazy expensive.

MemberMember
(@darkheart)

Posted : 03/02/2013 1:01 am

I will actually be switching to the Cetaphil gentle cleanser. I just didn't want to waste the one I had. It is working fine, but yes, I hear greater things about the Gentle cleanser. As for the scrub, I know the regimen says it is not great for your skin that is why i try to do it as gently as humanly possible. No inflammation or irritation so far. The garnier gel cream I haven't noticed that in my country..I will try to be on the look out for that. I love my clinique, but it is crazy expensive.

I was using the clinique one too before for several months as my "go to" moisturizer but it honestly gave me a little bit of irritation, slight burning (have you had this too?). Garnier is a drugstore brand, I paid under nine bucks for this moisturizer and I find it miles better than clinique. It's so hydrating and since I use the topical version of accutane (retin-a) I need as much hydration as I can get. Maybe try looking for it on Amazon?

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/02/2013 1:16 am

I was using the clinique one too before for several months as my "go to" moisturizer but it honestly gave me a little bit of irritation, slight burning (have you had this too?). Garnier is a drugstore brand, I paid under nine bucks for this moisturizer and I find it miles better than clinique. It's so hydrating and since I use the topical version of accutane (retin-a) I need as much hydration as I can get. Maybe try looking for it on Amazon?

Luckily for me I haven't ever had an issue with irritation, breakouts, burning or dryness while using clinique. I live in the Philippines and we do have garnier products, but I have never seen this gel cream. I will try to look more closely next time I go to the drugstore.

Do you use retin-a with BP? I used to use tretinoin before I started following Dan's regimen. It helped a lot with the dark marks acne left but now I do use a 10% glycolic acid gel.