Notifications
Clear all

Flakiness

MemberMember
(@poeticphantom)

Posted : 02/11/2013 10:26 am

Basically I think I cured my acne, but now I have another problem. Dryness/flakiness of the face!

Each time I shower/wash my face, my eyes get really dry and my vision gets blurred day by day because of the dryness. I reduced the dosage amt of clean n clear cleanser 3-in-1 and apply very small amounts now, morning and night, each day.

I wash my face with hot water then apply the cleanser then cold water. I have no moisturizer either. I tried using olay SPF 30 sensitive skin moisturizer once but my whole face turned red so I stopped. What am I doing wrong? What steps should be taken to reduce flakiness/dryness?

MemberMember
(@rita-beauchamp)

Posted : 02/12/2013 10:07 pm

First of all you need to experiment with different types of moisturizers,just because one irritates your skin doesn't mean all of them will.next consider Jojaba oil available right here on acne.com add it to your moisturizer.good luck!

MemberMember
(@random1)

Posted : 02/13/2013 1:02 am

Are you reffering to the clean and clear foaming wash with salycilic acid?

Here's a few things to try out. Try not washing your face with hot, or cold water. Both temperatures have drying effects on the skin. Its best to go with lukewarm water. Next I say to back off the cleanser and opt out for something more gentle, try Cetaphils Gentle Gel Cleasner (sold many places) . Finally, its important to rebuild the water retaining barrier in your skin so go for lotions (non comedogenic if you need it) that contain petrolatum, or dimethecone( a skin protectant) , for instance Aveeno's Daily Moisturizing lotion with oatmeal and dimethicone is a good choice. And overall, with whatever regimen you choose always be extremely gentle when applying or washing.

Any questions shoot away and if not then good luck!