Question About Dan&...

Notifications
Clear all

Question About Dan's Regimen

MemberMember
(@dparkk)

Posted : 02/05/2013 5:45 pm

I have been on the Regimen for about 5 months now and has done wonders.

Although i dont use the Moisturizer from the Regimen anymore, i have been using CeraVe cream moisturizer for a while. To get rid of my scars/even up the color on my skin, i was thinking of switching my moisturizer to Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer which has a

main ingredient of Salicylic Acid (0.5%).

Now while using the 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide, is this not a good idea to mix Benzoyl Peroxide and Salicylic Acid together? Will this cause me to break out? And anyone who has used Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer while on the Regimen, please put in your input!

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 02/06/2013 4:36 pm

Im not sure about using them both at the same time in regards to if they cancel eachother if you literally put one on top of the other, but using both can cause some irritation which could lead to a breakout if your skin responds to irritation like that.

MemberMember
(@kyle_)

Posted : 02/06/2013 10:23 pm

I remember reading somewhere that it's a very bad idea to use the BP with the SA, that they can mess with each other.

SA is not a very good idea anyway, if the stuff actually worked, it would theoretically be the cure for acne, but it just doesn't.

There again, it might work for you everyone is different, but don't use it with BP.