Notifications
Clear all

Steaming With The Regimen?

MemberMember
(@kyle_)

Posted : 02/03/2013 9:01 pm

Hey everyone,

Gave this a quick search with no results

I was just wondering if anyone has had any positive results steaming their face on the regimen? I guess you would do it before washing your face.

I used to steam my face a lot but it didnt help with acne before the regimen, maybe it helps in other ways? Possibly removing dead skin? I can't remember.

MemberMember
(@pennypincher)

Posted : 02/03/2013 10:10 pm

I always cup my hands near the showerhead to make a mist that floats on my face, I don't think it has any results but it sure does feel great!

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 02/04/2013 7:12 am

I've steamed my face more times then I can poke a stick at and it never cleared me of acne. Since following the regimen and becoming clear for the first time in 20 years, going for monthly facials (including steaming) was a very hard habit to break but break it I did and I've not looked back.

So my advice is, if you're following the regimen (or your version of it) and you're clear, don't fix something that isnt broken.

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 02/04/2013 7:57 am

Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone has had any positive results steaming their face on the regimen? I guess you would do it before washing your face.

I used to steam my face a lot but it didnt help with acne before the regimen, maybe it helps in other ways? Possibly removing dead skin? I can't remember.

I tried steaming and it didn't help with acne or unclogging pores, for me at least. It might help more so when it's warmer outside, but during the winter my skin gets dry very easily, so the steam dries out the skin and ends up just irritating it. I have found sauna's to be nice though.

MemberMember
(@kyle_)

Posted : 02/06/2013 10:18 pm

Hey everyone,

I tried steaming and it didn't help with acne or unclogging pores, for me at least. It might help more so when it's warmer outside, but during the winter my skin gets dry very easily, so the steam dries out the skin and ends up just irritating it. I have found sauna's to be nice though.

I've steamed my face more times then I can poke a stick at and it never cleared me of acne. Since following the regimen and becoming clear for the first time in 20 years, going for monthly facials (including steaming) was a very hard habit to break but break it I did and I've not looked back.

So my advice is, if you're following the regimen (or your version of it) and you're clear, don't fix something that isnt broken.

Thanks for the replys!

I was just curious, since I had heard good stuff from other people, but like you said, don't need to fix something that isn't broken!

Thanks a lot