Clear After Less Th...

Notifications
Clear all

Clear After Less Than 4 Weeks On Dkr... Can It Get Worse?

MemberMember
(@ellie93)

Posted : 01/21/2013 3:58 pm

Hey guys, I've been on the regimen for almost 4 weeks and my skin is already clear! This is a miracle for me as I have literally tried everything (antibiotics, hormones, topicals) and was even on accutane for 6 months.

On the DKR I had one pretty bad initial breakout in the first week but that cleared up quickly, and since then I have had only one 1 or 2 small spots. Also, I did have some dryness which was easily cured by AHA, and haven't experienced any stinging or redness. I cannot believe how amazing this stuff is! Anyway, I know that 4 weeks is a very short amount of time for the regimen to work and it can take months. I was just wondering if anyone else got clear so quickly and stayed clear. I'm enjoying my clear skin so much i'm not sure I can face getting lots of new spots!

Thanks for any advice :)

MemberMember
(@sufferingwithacne)

Posted : 01/21/2013 6:35 pm

Great to hear! I have just finished my first week on the regimen and I too experienced a bad breakout that is just starting to clear besides one persistent large cyst that remains growing. The best thing I have noticed about the regimen is how quickly whiteheads and cysts come and go. I hope I am as lucky as you.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 01/22/2013 7:23 am

Congratulations Ellie, you must be over the moon. Everyone is different and the result times can vary greatly depending on how closely you followed the instructions, how 'tough' your skin is to combat the BP and the type of acne you suffered in the first place. I was almost clear within 5 weeks and perfectly and consistently clear within 9 weeks so pretty quick as well.

Once you've been clear for a month or so you can start experimenting with the regimen and perhaps see what reducing the amount of BP does to your skin. I've successfully got my BP down to once a day while remaining clear.

Good luck and enjoy your new found skin! :)

MemberMember
(@ellie93)

Posted : 01/22/2013 1:29 pm

sufferingwithacne- good luck with your regimen! I was very skeptical when starting it because so many things have failed but i'm so happy I tried it. I have my fingers crossed it works for you!

AyeAye- I'm glad it worked for you as well! I used to have very severe cystic acne but accutane helped to get rid of most of that. Since then I would have put my acne at moderate but with only the occasional cyst. I guess the regimen would have taken longer to work if I still had the cystic acne. And thanks for the advice! In 3/4 weeks or so I might and see if I can do the same, will also help with time in the morning if I only have to apply the BP once a day!

:)

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/05/2013 12:25 am

Congratulations Ellie, you must be over the moon. Everyone is different and the result times can vary greatly depending on how closely you followed the instructions, how 'tough' your skin is to combat the BP and the type of acne you suffered in the first place. I was almost clear within 5 weeks and perfectly and consistently clear within 9 weeks so pretty quick as well.

Once you've been clear for a month or so you can start experimenting with the regimen and perhaps see what reducing the amount of BP does to your skin. I've successfully got my BP down to once a day while remaining clear.

Good luck and enjoy your new found skin! smile.png

I would love to be able to reduce the amount of BP to once day. I am still in my 7th week of the regimen and I am almost 100% clear.

After how many weeks did you narrow it down to once a day? Was it a progression when you started to decrease the amount? And do you do the BP just at night? or during the day?

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 03/05/2013 2:33 am

I would love to be able to reduce the amount of BP to once day. I am still in my 7th week of the regimen and I am almost 100% clear.

After how many weeks did you narrow it down to once a day? Was it a progression when you started to decrease the amount? And do you do the BP just at night? or during the day?

Yes, being able to reduce to once a day is like a dream come true right? Well I don't suggest you start playing with the regimen until you are 100% clear for about a month (or a bit longer). Once you are clear and remain so for a while, then just experiment by slowly reducing the amount of BP you use in the morning (but still sticking to twice per day) and keep reducing your morning application while still making sure you remain clear. If you find that your down to say, a quarter of a pump in the morning and you're still not breaking out, then apply a quarter of a pump only every second morning and skipping the application all together every second morning, and then every 3rd morning etc until you are only applying at night. Obviously if you start to break out at any time, you will need to up your application again.

Personally, I apply now only at night, but every few weeks or so I notice that I start to get little under skin bumps appear on my forehead. once I notice that happening, I start to apply the regimen a couple of times a day for a few days until the bumps go, and then I go back to once per day.

Its funny though, that my skin starts to get a little red around my mouth and nose after applying the regimen twice a day for a few days. Just goes to show that no matter how much I think my skin is used to BP, the fact that I've dropped the amount I use, once I start to increase the dose back to two pumps twice per day, my skin gets irritated.

Glad to see that the regimen is working for you though, thats fantastic news. smile.png

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/05/2013 2:44 am

Yes, being able to reduce to once a day is like a dream come true right? Well I don't suggest you start playing with the regimen until you are 100% clear for about a month (or a bit longer). Once you are clear and remain so for a while, then just experiment by slowly reducing the amount of BP you use in the morning (but still sticking to twice per day) and keep reducing your morning application while still making sure you remain clear. If you find that your down to say, a quarter of a pump in the morning and you're still not breaking out, then apply a quarter of a pump only every second morning and skipping the application all together every second morning, and then every 3rd morning etc until you are only applying at night. Obviously if you start to break out at any time, you will need to up your application again.

Personally, I apply now only at night, but every few weeks or so I notice that I start to get little under skin bumps appear on my forehead. once I notice that happening, I start to apply the regimen a couple of times a day for a few days until the bumps go, and then I go back to once per day.

Its funny though, that my skin starts to get a little red around my mouth and nose after applying the regimen twice a day for a few days. Just goes to show that no matter how much I think my skin is used to BP, the fact that I've dropped the amount I use, once I start to increase the dose back to two pumps twice per day, my skin gets irritated.

Glad to see that the regimen is working for you though, thats fantastic news. smile.png

Will definitely that try! Thanks for the info.

Yup, I am glad the regimen works for a lot of us. There is nothing like the confidence that comes along with clear skin. :)

MemberMember
(@mythos)

Posted : 03/07/2013 8:22 pm

Hey, you seem to have introduced AHA into your regimen fairly quickly without many negative side effects. Can you tell me when exactly you introduced it and how you implemented it into your regimen?