Notifications
Clear all

My Regimen

MemberMember
(@skintuition)

Posted : 01/19/2013 10:21 pm

Hi, I haven't posted on this forum in a really long time, sorry. I just wanted to FINALLY share with you my personalized regimen. FYI, I have been on the acne.org regimen for 9, almost 10 months, and I have been using benzoyl peroxide for a little over a year now.

MORNING: CeraVe hydrating cleanser and CeraVe moisturizing lotion + 6 drops of acne.org jojoba oil

NIGHT: CeraVe hydrating cleanser, 2 pumps of acne.org BP, Cetaphil moisturizing cream + 6 drops of jojoba oil.

I needed a hydrating cleanser because my skin was dry, so I purchased cerave's hydrating cleanser and it really works for keeping down the dryness. I also love cerave's moisturizing lotion in the morning because it is light weight, absorbs quickly and is very refreshing. I also like to add jojoba oil for extra moisture, and to ensure that my skin won't produce any oils (sebum) that will clog my pores and give me acne.

At night, I use the same cleanser. Then I wait around 2-5 minutes, and apply 2 pumps of acne.org's BP, which has really been the key to everything. I love this stuff, it's a life saver. This has been my #1 trick for fighting acne. Anyway, I wait awhile and then apply my cetaphil moisturizing cream. Cerave moisturizing lotion just wasn't cutting it at night for flakiness. Though it's a pain in the butt to apply, cetaphil moisturizing lotion is extremely moisturizing, though it is thick and goopy, and balls up with the BP. I also like to add 6 drops of jojoba oil as a base.

....and that's it! After much trial and error, this is what I've come up with and I am using right now. Thank you for reading.