Notifications
Clear all

I'm Ready To Start The Regimen, But Need Some Help?

MemberMember
(@jekester)

Posted : 12/30/2012 4:22 am

Hi all, so I've decided - I want to have clear skin. I have pretty mild acne and I'm 17 years, and a male. I'm currently on a healthy diet, so I'm not eating junk, fast food. Currently been using Benzac AC 5% for about 7 days now. I don't have an allergic reaction, but I want to use a cream I know that will work. Oh and is the regimen that you see (when you go to acne.org home page the same thing as DKR? I want to try the one that is on the home page with all the success stories.

I'm prepared to do this every day, twice a day and use it until my acne passes away from my diet or I eventually grow out of it. I have a few questions that I want to ask, if someone experienced could answer them that would be good!

1. I understand you're meant to do it twice a day, 12 hours apart. When it lists all the steps you do in the morning, is that EXACTLY what you do again, 12 hours later? or do you do it differently?

2. For week 1, I understand you're meant to only use a certain amount of BP in the morning, do you do that in the morning AND the night time? please explain to me how that works ... As I don't want to use to much BP.

3. When do you introduce other products, such as Dan's AHA+ and the jojoba oil, and how do you fit that in the order of applying the different creams etc? as in, would you do it twice a day, and do you do it after the BP or before etc. Just things like that.

4. Does the type of water effect if the regimen will work or not? I read a thread before saying it's really important. As far as I know, I have basic tap water. Same goes for my showers, except one has a head that doesn't waste as much water. I don't think we can buy a shower head or something expensive, does it seriously matter?

5. Does it matter how you sleep on your pillow? Yes, I always have a fresh one from the cupboard every night. I try and lay facing the roof, but end up laying on my cheek. Does this matter or will it stop me from my goal - if yes, how do I fix it?

6. For shaving on the facial area, does the regimen say WHEN to do that, as in before you start applying everything? is it the first thing you do before applying the cleanser etc?

Oh, and is it ok to change from Benzac AC to this regimen instantly? as in the next day, just start doing this regimen? thanks.

MemberMember
(@hadouken998)

Posted : 12/30/2012 6:04 am

Literally just use the search tool.

MemberMember
(@jekester)

Posted : 12/30/2012 4:19 pm

Yeah, just searched the things and got my answers, so I removed them from the Original post. Guys, I'm kind of scared to start DKR because people are always saying how they started of with mild acne and used Dan's regimen and ended up with severe acne. Or that you will always have dry/flakey skin so you can either have pimple free skin or dry/flakey free skin. And they said that as soon as you stop using it, you will break out worse then you ever have before.

It's kind of making me so nervous, to not event try it. Can someone please help me with that?

MemberMember
(@jekester)

Posted : 12/30/2012 5:09 pm

I'm not sure what to do, I'm on a diet which I've been told that will help my acne. But if I start this, I won't ever be able to go off it. Is there anyway to slowly get off BP without it making your skin worse? how do you do it?

MemberMember
(@akl)

Posted : 12/30/2012 11:11 pm

Hi Jekester, first of all: relax ;) Once you've grown out of acne, you can safely stop treatment without any consequences. If you have completely eliminated your acne, you can try to slowly reduce the amount of BP you're using and see how that goes.

Oh and is the regimen that you see (when you go to acne.org home page the same thing as DKR? I want to try the one that is on the home page with all the success stories.

MemberMember
(@jekester)

Posted : 12/30/2012 11:49 pm

Hi Jekester, first of all: relax wink.png Once you've grown out of acne, you can safely stop treatment without any consequences. If you have completely eliminated your acne, you can try to slowly reduce the amount of BP you're using and see how that goes.

Oh and is the regimen that you see (when you go to acne.org home page the same thing as DKR? I want to try the one that is on the home page with all the success stories.

Yes, they're the same thing.

For most of your other questions, please see The Regimen page, check out the FAQ's as well.

4. Does the type of water effect if the regimen will work or not? I read a thread before saying it's really important. As far as I know, I have basic tap water. Same goes for my showers, except one has a head that doesn't waste as much water. I don't think we can buy a shower head or something expensive, does it seriously matter?

Tap water is just fine.

5. Does it matter how you sleep on your pillow? Yes, I always have a fresh one from the cupboard every night. I try and lay facing the roof, but end up laying on my cheek. Does this matter or will it stop me from my goal - if yes, how do I fix it?

No, that shouldn't matter much, everybody moves while they're sleeping. The less irritation, the better, but hey...you're asleep. Just make sure to sleep well, don't stress too much.

6. For shaving on the facial area, does the regimen say WHEN to do that, as in before you start applying everything? is it the first thing you do before applying the cleanser etc?

Check out the guide to shaving.

Oh, and is it ok to change from Benzac AC to this regimen instantly? as in the next day, just start doing this regimen? thanks.

Yes, that should be no problem. Just keep an eye on it, if you feel it's too much, just lower the amount of BP and build up more slowly.

Thank you so much! Really calmed me down a bit after reading what you said about the growing out of thing and it will be safe to use. Thanks :).

I'll be on my way to buying this :P

MemberMember
(@jekester)

Posted : 12/31/2012 8:11 pm

Still a bit confused on something, for the first week, i know you apply a pea sized amount of BP (how will that cover my whole face at all?) in the morning after cleansing and then you would moisturise after. And then I know you're meant to repeat again 12 hours later, so would I apply another pea sized amount of BP 12 hours after in the morning? eusa_think.gif

p.s I'll be cleansing in the shower, so is it ok to have 2 showers per day?

but basically I want to know when you start, if you do the regimen twice a day as it says, and etc. and does it cause scars or even make your acne/skin situation worse and permanent?

MemberMember
(@akl)

Posted : 01/01/2013 12:13 am

You're already using BP, so you can start with more than a pea-sized amount, as your skin is already used to BP. The pea-sized amount is for people who start using BP, so their skin can get used to it. By the time the products have arrived, you can use Dan's BP twice a day.

You can have 2 showers a day, no problem.

BP does not cause scars/red marks, acne does. It may be irritating in the beginning (red, flaky skin, irritation, dryness), those side effects should subside over time.

Relax, Jekester, it seems like you worry a lot. Too much stress isn't good for you! Happy New Year! :)

MemberMember
(@jekester)

Posted : 01/01/2013 1:44 am

You're already using BP, so you can start with more than a pea-sized amount, as your skin is already used to BP. The pea-sized amount is for people who start using BP, so their skin can get used to it. By the time the products have arrived, you can use Dan's BP twice a day.

You can have 2 showers a day, no problem.

BP does not cause scars/red marks, acne does. It may be irritating in the beginning (red, flaky skin, irritation, dryness), those side effects should subside over time.

Relax, Jekester, it seems like you worry a lot. Too much stress isn't good for you! Happy New Year! smile.png

Okay, thank you :). And yeah I do tend to worry sometimes haha, I'm going to try and stay calm and relax! Happy new year to you too!

MemberMember
(@jekester)

Posted : 01/02/2013 1:39 am

Yo, anyone. is it ok to wear a beanie all day every day? It's the only way I can get my frindge out of my face, But I pull back the beanie so it doesn't stay on my face. So any reasons why I couldn't?