Switching From Bp+C...

Notifications
Clear all

Switching From Bp+Clindamycin To Dan's Bp?

MemberMember
(@caribu)

Posted : 11/17/2012 12:16 pm

For 4 weeks I've been using 5% BP+1% Clindamycin (prescribed) and experienced redness, dryness, and flakiness.

Yesterday, I changed to Dan's BP. I figured because I had been using 5% BP for a while, I could start Dan's BP with the full 2 pumps.

However it made my face swollen and very red. I don't know if this is because my skin is not used to his BP. Should I start from the beginner's 1 pump, or just continue trying the 2 pumps?

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 11/18/2012 10:25 pm

I've been on the regimen for over a year now, and for the past 6 months have applied BP (2 pumps) in the evening. If on occassion I go back to applying BP twice per day (if I notice that my pores are getting blocked again) I can only do it for two days because any more than two days, my skin gets red and swollen again like I experienced in the first 2 months of the regimen.

So what I'm trying to say is, even though we think our skin is used to BP, two pumps twice per day is A LOT and so you need to build up to it. I would suggest you go half a pump twice per day for a week and increase from there if all is going well.

Good luck! :)

MemberMember
(@lollypopfield)

Posted : 11/18/2012 10:30 pm

I haven't tried Dan's BP.

But I have tried the 5%BP + 1%Clindacymin, and I liked it. It took 2 months to get used to the dryness and see results but it was good and promising, at keeping breakouts away.

But what I hear about Dan's Regimen, is that you need to follow it word for word, to get the full benefits.