Sensitive Skin Can&...

Notifications
Clear all

Sensitive Skin Can't Use Dkr Right Now.

MemberMember
(@nuke-acne)

Posted : 11/04/2012 3:25 am

Hi,

Right now I need an acne treatment for my sensitive skin. I've been on DKR for 3 years and switched over to Retin-a for about 3 weeks and Retin-a was way too harsh my skin. Now my skin is super red, broken out and super sensitive. I can't even go back on DKR because it's so sensitive.

I'm currently taking minocycline but I would like some advice on what I should use tropically or as a cleanser. I was thinking about salicylic acid cleanser and the cream perhaps? Or maybe just the cleanser. What do you guys think? Any products for sensitive skin you guys recommend until my skin is ready to be back on DKR?

Thanks

MemberMember
(@swj48)

Posted : 11/05/2012 1:45 am

i have recently found salicylic acid to be the best treatment for my skin. and i have VERY sensitive skin like you. i recommend trying it out and getting off anything else that may be affecting your skin. if i were you, i would go get a very gentle skin cleanser (i recommend Dan's or Purpose gentle cleanser) and buy a box of stridex salicylic acid pads, and a good face moisturizer (i recommend Dan's or Cetaphil) and use those 3 every morning and every night, similar to doing the regimen but instead of bp you just quickly wipe your face with the SA pad and let it dry, then moisturize. i have been doing this recently and it has eliminated a lot of the side effects of the regimen and bp, and my skin has reacted favorably. even if bp works better for clearing your skin, SA is definitely much less harsh on the skin and better suits people with sensitive skin like you and me. good luck.