Notifications
Clear all

Red Patches And Bp

MemberMember
(@fuze)

Posted : 10/28/2012 12:30 pm

In this post I am not referring to red marks, left over from acne, but rather large patches of redness that are seemingly not going away. I have been using the regimen for 3 months, and these red patches did not start forming until the 2nd month onward. If you had to picture it, it would look like rosacea. Can BP use cause rosacea? I never had it before this and I am 22.

If not rosacea, I suppose it's either consistently dry skin or clusters of red marks together that make it seem like one large patch. I do moisturize twice a day, cerave in the morning, dan's moisturizer with AHA/jojoba at night. One thing I should point out, I don't think these red patches existed until I started using AHA nightly (always mixed with moisturizer). Is it possible I have burned myself using AHA? Is this even reversible?

I am going to be using a skin lightening serum to try and get rid of both red marks and red patches. What are your thoughts?

MemberMember
(@rush25)

Posted : 10/28/2012 1:23 pm

BP doesn't cause rosacea but it can exacerbate the condition. If these red patches appeared after you started using AHA, then I'd suggest that stop using AHA. Additionally, if you have patches of red, irritated skin, I wouldn't recommend using additional products on your skin as you could risk making the condition worse.

MemberMember
(@fuze)

Posted : 10/30/2012 12:58 pm

I have stopped using AHA, not seeing any changes really. It's been 2-3 days already. I think these are set-in red patches/marks, not caused from dryness, but rather a side effect of either BP or the AHA. Very confused on what to do here.