Notifications
Clear all

Slight Burning Or Tingling Normal?

MemberMember
(@chelslaw)

Posted : 10/14/2012 9:48 am

hey everyone

been on the regimen for 21 days now and i think its going well

seem to be past the initial extreme peeling, now just a little flaky where my acne spots are but moisturizer with jojoba seems to address that

one question- since ive began using Dans BP (7 days ago) when i apply it, then wait 10 mins and apply moisturizer (with jojoba) my face starts to tingle or slightly burn in the area where the BP was (i am only treating my upper lip and chin as thats where my acne is)

it doesnt hurt, and it fades away after about 5 minutes, but just curious

i use cetaphil cleanser, dans bp and cetaphil spf 15 in the morn and cetaphil lotion in the eve

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 10/14/2012 3:33 pm

Have you been using that Cetaphil spf 15 lotion the whole time? The reason I ask is because when I used that one it made my face burn every single time I applied it. It also made my skin red. And I had been on The Regimen for a year already when I decided to try the Cetaphil daily lotion.

Also, read here: http://www.acne.org/faq.html#moisturizer-sting

MemberMember
(@chelslaw)

Posted : 10/14/2012 5:42 pm

HI Brandy

Yep I've been using the SPF 15 the whole time and its just since I have used dans BP (i used oxy 2.5% before dans arrived) thats its tingling/burning slightly

i used the spf in the day and the moisturizing lotion at night and it tingles/burns slightly after both

also i was in the wind/cold yesterday morning for a few hours and when i got home my face was pretty red only in the area that i use BP- is that normal? i guess that skin is much more sensitive?

today my skin can be moisturized enough (ive reapplied lotion several times throughout the day and it still feels tight) i guess maybe it was windburned?