Notifications
Clear all

Help Me!

MemberMember
(@fedoua-med)

Posted : 10/03/2012 7:43 am

hey guys i have hormonal acne i get 3 to 5 zits 10 days or so before my periode and then they go away but every zit leaves behind it horrible red brownish marks and that's just driving me crazyyyyyy

i was on dan's regemin for a month and it was perfect and then i red that bp is gonna make those marks last for years and that freak me out so i stoped the regemin and now my acne is back and i really don't know what to do my engagement party is 2 months from now and i'm so confused so i need your help

my other question is : if i start the regemin again when should i stop it or i'm gonna be on it for years ??????

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 10/04/2012 12:55 am

Hi there, the regimen is a topical treatment so you will need to continue to do it for as long as you still suffer from acne. Once you are clear it would be best to periodically stop the regimen to see if you then start to break out again.

As for BP making acne marks last for years, thats not the experience that I've had. I got clear after 2-3 months and all pigmentation marks were completely gone within 4 months. The trick with acne marks is if you can stop the acne from forming in the first place, then you wont get any marks. As I'm now clear and don't break out anymore, I dont have any new marks forming. Perfect!

It sounds like the regimen worked well for you if you found that you were clear within a month. My suggestion to you is if you want to be clear of acne then follow the regimen and don't stress so much about pigmentation marks. They do fade in time, and the amount of time varies from person to person. As for your engagement party, first of all, congratulations, and secondly, there is nothing that some good makeup and concealer can't cover up. :)

MemberMember
(@fitandfresh)

Posted : 10/05/2012 10:57 am

BP hasn't affected my marks at all and the regimen has been amazing. Twice a week I use a glycolic cleanser (regular AHA lotion makes my face breakout) to fade old marks and its working! I would say get back on the regimen fast so it's working by the time the party comes and any old marks can be concealed. Marks (if you still have them at the party) will be easier to hide with makeup than active acne which will be bumpy.